“The White Clam Chowder is to Die For!”
Review of Blount Clam Shack

Blount Clam Shack
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Riverside
Price range: USD 5 - USD 20
Description: SEE YOU NEXT SPRING! Open in the summer only; Remember the days of an old-fashioned clam shack? This one is located in Riverside RI, at the Crescent Park Carousel, in a beautiful park with all outdoor seating. Open seasonally, we have a friendly staff, fabulous clam cakes, chowders, whole belly clams, lobster rolls and so much more! We are all about families, kids and fun!
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

This campy East Bay landmark in Riverside RI (aka southern East Prividence) has all the Clam Shack ambience Rhode Islanders look for further south at the west shore beaches like Scarborough, Matunuck and Narragansett! But it’s minutes from most of the places where everyone in RI actually lives!

The carousel at Crescent Park is a short walk of 5 minutes so bring the kids and grandkids who will love the beautiful 100+ year old carved horses and old time organ music. Catch a few Brass Rings and get a free ride!

So the Clamcakes are great! The funky tomato based Seafood Chowder is so totally weird I cannot say how much I hate it but the white Clam Chowder is to die for!

I am not kidding! Go there and get some! You won’t be disappointed! It’s just really great!

BlountRetail, Manager at Blount Clam Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2017

Hi Leesandro! Thank you for this awesome review! Hope to see you again in the spring.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We love eating at this local clam shack in the summer months. A great family spot at the old Crescent Park carousel in Riverside, which also features a park across the street overlooking the bay.

Hi DebraM615! Thank you so much for this awesome review. So glad you love this location as much as we do. Hope to see you next spring!

Reviewed 26 August 2017

Even though I live in East Providence, I've never been here. Finally, we went last week for take out. We got 6 lobster rolls and 2 sides of fried clams. To start, you get a choice of mayo or hot butter for your lobster. I knew I was in for a treat when I heard that. The lobster rolls are overflowing with fresh lobster meat - absolutely delicious. While the clams were good, I prefer a flour dipped fried clam than clams rolled in bread crumbs. Considering the amount you get, $145 wasn't too bad for 6 rolls + the clams. They have some tables if you want to sit and eat your food there, or you could walk across the street and eat it overlooking the Seekonk River, but we decided to take it home. I will definitely be back.

BlountRetail, Manager at Blount Clam Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Hi Christina! Thank you so so much for the great review. Hope to see you again before the season ends.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Right off the bat I could tell this place was high quality. Since I am from MA it was a little drive, but totally worth the experience.

The staff was genuine and kind. They were very involved in taking my order by repeating what I ordered to make sure they got everything down. I ordered 1 clam cake as a side and they gave me two which is symbolic of the experience I had... over the top! The lobster roll was delicious and perfectly priced for the amount of lobster I was given. The giant lobster claw of meat on top of the roll screamed freshness and high quality. Not only did I love the food but the menu itself is amazing. With such a wide variety of quality and great tasting dishes such as whole belly clams, the fish platter, and famous club sandwich... I just didn't know what to order! Like I said about the Blount Clam Shack in Warren, RI... whether you're from out of town like me or from the area, the Blount Clam Shack is the place to be with great life entertainment, food, and service. I will be back for more soon!

Hi shanerose002! Thank you for this amazing and detailed review. So glad you had a great experience at the Clam Shack. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I have to agree with Liz. Absolutely one of the worst clam cakes I've eaten. Actually only had a few bites and that was it for me.
Would also not recommend the "Hitching Post" in Charlestown. We drove from Mass based on a recent review and was sorely dissapointed. Very little clams in the chowder that were minced up and clam fritters, as they call them were very greasy with little clams.
Quito's and Iggy's beats them hands down!!

BlountRetail, Manager at Blount Clam Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Hi Rick. We are so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your clam cakes. We take pride in having some of the best clam cakes around so we will be looking into what could've happened. We hope you will return in the future and give us another try. Sorry again!

Been to Blount Clam Shack? Share your experiences!