All reviews large sites water slides seasonal campers labor day our favorite place god bless splash pad sunday morning breakfast on friday nights cement motorhome nicole pool sewer hose newport summer
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Stayed for the first time in August. Nice sites, grassy. I like that you are not on top of each other as some places are. It was quiet and everyone was friendly. The pool is nice, not heated but nice. You do need to pay extra for the water slides and mini golf. $15 per day can add up if you have a few kids and they want to use it more than one day. From a parents point of view...kids like to go to the store but I hesitate here to let them go alone as the store is out on the main road and can have car traffic from anywhere, not just the campers. They do have a nice playground, splash pad, and events. We will definitely go back. PS - no internet at sites. I do wish they would offer that.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kgtte
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here because of its proximity to Newport. The sites were spacious and well kept, clean and quiet. Wendy at the registration window was more than accomodating as I had a potential early exit. All the kids working in the camp were very polite and helpful. 2 small issues, water pressure was weak and cable didnt work but we found our anteana reception was more than enough. I would definately stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

The good includes a big nice pool, mini golf, splash pad, water slides, and nice grounds. The spaces are large and nicely kept. This is a very large campground with lots of seasonal rents. Some of the spaces are tight to get into. It’s very treed so satellite reception is not reliable. They do not supply cable so don’t count on TV while staying here. The 30 amp electric service dropped multiple times a day. One leg of the service kept dropping so low my surge protector kept shutting if off. Make sure you use electrical protection when staying here. They have a water problem as well and ask you to conserve.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I'v been coming here for years. Great place! 2 things need attention. They have a power problem. They have a great splash par for kids that they had to close in July because they didn't have enough power to run it. Some campers left because they didn't have enough power for them to run their ac"s. Their dump station was changed. hey now have a hose that is short and not removable. Most campers flush their tanks through the dump elbow or thru a flush wand in the toilet. You cannot connect their hose to anything and you can't remove it and connect your own!!! I had to clean my tank at home!! Definitely not a good thing for a good campground. I hope they change or I won't be back. Maybe a second water connection that we can connect our own hose to!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This past week was our first stay at Wawaloam. We were pleasantly surprised at how large the campsites are. The grounds are clean and well kept and the staff was very friendly, especially Frank, who went out of his way to make us feel welcome and made sure we had everything we needed. It has one of the biggest pools we've seen at a campground so there was plenty of room for everyone to swim around. It is one of our favorites and we have already made plans to go back.

Date of stay: July 2018