“Seaport Charm in a Dog-friendly, Old-fashioned B&B”
Review of Blueberry Cove Inn

Blueberry Cove Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Narragansett B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 November 2017

My husband and I arrived here with our big dog after a seven-hour drive. The weather had turned cold and, being mid-November, the summer season was long gone. However, the gracious, large house that is Blueberry Cove Inn was welcoming in the fading light; the brick pillars at the driveway's entrance had twinkling lights, and we admired the stately, grand old tree at the front of the house. We were cordially greeted by Sara, who showed us to our room and also gave us useful tips about restaurants in the area. Our room was clean and beautiful with high ceilings and tall windows. The walls were freshly painted in a cheerful yet elegant apple green, with crisp white window treatments and unusual decor that was well suited to the home's 19th-century lineage, e.g., lovely antique plates and (I believe) replica paintings that were captivating. Lead crystal wine glasses were provided along with water challises. (Narragansett drinking water, by the way, is sweet and pure, even better than our Quabbin water in Massachusetts and that is saying something.) You can order extras at the inn and I had done this; Sara brought up to our room a luscious dark chocolate fudge cake with raspberry creme. It arrived on a silver platter with cutlery and pretty glass plates. Seely, one of the owners, makes these cakes and ours was delicious. As the night was too cold for outdoor dining (with our pup) we brought takeout back to our room from Trio, a bar and grill just three blocks away. We enjoyed delicious fresh seafood (clam chowder, crab cakes, scallops) with a bottle of white wine we had brought with us. Our room had a small leather couch which made dining there a cozy and pleasant experience. Our bed was firm and had soft linens and plenty of blankets. Our bathroom was modern, painted in pale lilac and gray, with a large shower that sported a rain showerhead. Breakfast was served in an old-fashioned dining room. We enjoyed Seely's eclectic teapot collection and the soft classical music. From our table we could watch different bird species at the several bird feeders hanging in the garden outside the window. Seely served us a sumptuous homemade breakfast of baked apples and yogurt, eggs and cheese, sausage, toast, coffee and juice. One could also choose waffles or french toast. She is a witty and personable host and we had a fun chat with her. The ocean and beach are only about four blocks away and the walk is through a pleasant residential neighborhood, with the last block becoming restaurants and shops. Even on a cold day, it was a nice walk with the dog. Blueberry Cove is a one-of-a-kind place, and we would love to return when the trees are green and the days are warm. It was an amazing one-night oasis in November, as we were on our way home from the Chesapeake to the Boston area. As a final note, the pet fee is $25, quite reasonable compared with many hotel chains, and no size limit on your dog.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann H

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We had a lovely time -- the room was quiet, clean, with soft sheets and blankets and a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The breakfast was cooked to our order and was delicious.
We totally enjoyed our conversation with the hostess who is kind and thoughtful. We felt lucky to have found it!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I love dogs but it smells like wet dogs. We stayed in a very dark room. I typically love B&Bs but I wouldn't stay here again. My allergies just can't take it. I agree with other reviewers, that this place needs updating and a makeover.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Seely G, Owner at Blueberry Cove Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

I am horrified that the guest had such an awful stay. I have searched my records and can not identify any guests from her hometown or any recent guests with her first name other than one that brought her own dog. (I wanted to reach out and apologize, and frankly, I wanted to know which room she considered dark since she is a frequent reviewer.) I am mystified as to why she didn't say anything so we could have found her another place to stay. I'm also surprised that she choose to stay someplace with a resident dog that has been mentioned on the web site and in other reviews.
In any case, as with all guests, I wish her well in her future travels. For those of you not completely put off by her review, I encourage you to talk to me if you are unhappy so there is a chance to fix things in the moment instead of suffering needlessly.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Our stay was just right...we booked only a week in advance and got quite lucky. We stayed in the apartment out back and found it to be abundantly spacious! Absolutely enough room for four! Breakfast was great...walk to the beach...rooms were clean...hostess was lovely.

Room Tip: The outside could use a little TLC...but the rooms are very clean!!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Blueberry Cove for two nights and really enjoyed the quiet, spacious room and private bathroom. The beach is a convenient three blocks away, and the Inn is also close to lots of restaurants. We enjoyed being greeted by Gretchen, the friendly dog, and although I have severe dog allergies she didn't bother me as she mostly stayed on the first floor. The breakfasts were yummy and we appreciated the great restaurant recommendations from Seely for lunch and dinner.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Narragansett
0.4 km away
4.8 km away
Scarborough Beach Motel
Scarborough Beach Motel
#6 of 8 in Narragansett

Been to Blueberry Cove Inn? Share your experiences!