See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 October 2016

This darling B&B offers a refreshing and interesting stay. The accomodations are clean and well kept, and the room was comfy and cozy. No detail goes unnoticed, from the fluffy and comforting towels and bathrobes to the hand-made quilts on the bed. The room I had was cheerful and spacious. The hosts, Nancy and Tom are friendly and welcoming as well as gracious. The breakfast offerings were above and beyond...I had pecan crusted French toast with real maple syrup. You won't find THAT just anywhere! If that's not enough, there are fresh laid eggs from the henhouse out back. It is also just a short walk to a lovely beach.

Room Tip: Every room is a good one!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Diane G
Reviewed 5 September 2016

My partner and I had enjoyed a long weekend staying at this B&B for a friend's wedding in town. The room was comfy and the breakfast was tasty. Nancy even went so far as to iron a wrinkly tie for my fiancé (the best man!) As animal lovers, we really enjoyed the many cats that wander in and out of the house.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2016

I love all the conveniences of Best Kept Secret B & B. Besides the comfort and hospitality, the location is great. Short walks to the beach, convenience store, and nail salon. The neighborhood is great for walks as well as to Black Point. The look out is exquisite. Scarborough Beach is always my favorite. Nancy and Tom always maintain a relaxed home, the chickens are a joy to visit and their breakfasts are very accommodating! I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
melchior22, Guest Relations Manager at Best Kept Secret B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Thanks for the lovely review. It is amazing how you found some gorgeous sites that I did not know about..like Wild Flower Rd. Hope to see you again and big congrats on your triathlon..

Reviewed 12 August 2016

This is a great place to stay. We were only doing an overnight but plan to return to stay several nights. It is a 5 min walk to Scarborough Beach. Nancy and her husband Tom were very welcoming. Breakfast was great and the room was spotless. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being such a wonderful guest and we enjoyed your company very much. Hope to see you again..Tom and Nancy

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Three girlfriends spent three nights at Best Kept Secret B & B, two in the larger bedroom and 1 in the smaller bedroom. Since there are only two rooms, we had the place to ourselves. It was very casual. If we used towels, we put them in the hamper and got clean ones from a cupboard. Nobody made our beds. But, Nancy and Tom couldn't have been nicer. We were asked what we would like for breakfast. The fresh eggs, from the henhouse, were our favorite. One of us has to eat gluten free, and this was accommodated. Breakfasts were delicious and filling. We were told that we could use anything in their refrigerator, although we had a small one of our own upstairs. Nancy drove us to the beach, dropped us off and picked us up when we were done. We felt like family! Would definitely recommend this B & B and would return again.

Room Tip: Both rooms are comfortable. The larger one has its own bathroom, and the smaller room has its own bathroom right nextdoor.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
melchior22, Owner at Best Kept Secret B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

It was so nice having you and thanks for the response - I always learn from what our guests post. We would have been delighted to make the beds for you but most guests
are just here 1-2 nights and I used to ask - and will start asking again regarding bed making. Hope to see you lovely, fun ladies again. Fondly, Nancy and Tom