All reviews beach bar fire pit the owner private beach several years would stay again no frills can't wait to go back within walking distance ocean view stephanie summer lock
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We just spent 2 nights at the Sandy Shore Motel and had a great time. The staff was very friendly and the owner (Gene) made sure we were enjoying our vacation. The room was beautiful and having a beach bar is a plus. We loved being right on the beach and never had to move our car once we checked in. We had everything we needed right in the area and were able to walk to the restaurants on the beach.All of the rooms are ocean view so that is another plus. We were there during the week so it was quiet and relaxing. Overall, a terrific place to stay if you just want to relax on the beach.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Catherine877
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I've stayed at the Sandy Shore going back to 1997 before the newest owner too over, it was always a great place to stay and I've returned numerous times since and have even turned some family on to staying at the SS. My family and I stayed at the SS over the weekend in July and it seems the place has turned in to a bit of a party scene which isn't all bad if you want that. The beach is quasi-private not private as advertised, random groups of people walked up and made themselves comfortable on the private beach and began to party to include smoking pot with kids around, the same people made comments to my child that was beyond rude and I won't post it but suffice to say this was all allowed to happen. When we took a shower each day cigarette smoke and pot smoke made its way in to the room. The beach bar is a magnet for the party crowd which is all fine and good if you're looking for that scene. I'm inclined to not return which is a disappointment for me I really like the SS and their beach. It is unfortunate the desire to sell alcohol and make more cash has changed the SS to what it appears to have become which is a party place. Room service was decent we did however go without towels for a day due to some laundry fiasco, I dried off with paper towels after my smoke filled shower so all in all the trip was a disappointment and I highly doubt we will return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Gerard R
Reviewed 12 July 2017

I've stayed here the passed 2 years for my birthday with a group pf friends.. I WILL STAY NO WHERE ELSE.. I was completely made to feel at home by the owner (Mark) and the manager (Stephanie).... Great rooms! ALL with eyes looking at the ocean... Amazing bar on the beach and a fire pit at night to warm up the night.. Sounds like a commercial but I just experienced it!! Without a doubt, The Sandy Shore motel is my home in Rhode Island!!... Jus Sayin

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We arrived on Monday 6/26 for a 4 night stay but left after one night. I was so disgusted with the cleanliness of the room. First off, on the comforter I found a couple small blood stains and it looked liked they had not been changed in quite some time because it was very dirty looking. When I walked into the bathroom I found a huge hunk of hair on the floor and black slimy mildew in the shower drain. The bathroom sink would not drain. When we pulled down the comforter to go to bed, the blanket was covered with hair everywhere. When I pulled the blanket down I found some kind of a bug smashed on the sheet. We took everything off the bed and slept on our beach towels. During the night a bug crawled across me and that was the final straw. We got up at 4am after that and packed our things and left.

Room Tip: dont stay in this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank juju423
Reviewed 21 May 2017

My best friend and I took a girls night away from the kids. We booked the hotel really just due to the bar being on the beach so we could relax, drink wine and not worry about driving. When I called to book the room, Stephanie answered and was so much help and ended up being the bartender for the night when we stayed. It was a perfect night. Summer weather in early May. Room was very clean and cute. Perfect for what we needed. We're planning on making this an annual getaway!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends