“Hotel Hell”
Review of Sandy Shore Motel

Sandy Shore Motel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Misquamicut
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We arrived on Monday 6/26 for a 4 night stay but left after one night. I was so disgusted with the cleanliness of the room. First off, on the comforter I found a couple small blood stains and it looked liked they had not been changed in quite some time because it was very dirty looking. When I walked into the bathroom I found a huge hunk of hair on the floor and black slimy mildew in the shower drain. The bathroom sink would not drain. When we pulled down the comforter to go to bed, the blanket was covered with hair everywhere. When I pulled the blanket down I found some kind of a bug smashed on the sheet. We took everything off the bed and slept on our beach towels. During the night a bug crawled across me and that was the final straw. We got up at 4am after that and packed our things and left.

Room Tip: dont stay in this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank juju423

Reviewed 21 May 2017

My best friend and I took a girls night away from the kids. We booked the hotel really just due to the bar being on the beach so we could relax, drink wine and not worry about driving. When I called to book the room, Stephanie answered and was so much help and ended up being the bartender for the night when we stayed. It was a perfect night. Summer weather in early May. Room was very clean and cute. Perfect for what we needed. We're planning on making this an annual getaway!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2017

My Boyfriend and I decided to book this hotel at the VERY last minute on a Friday and I am so glad we did! The staff was so welcoming and helpful. Anything we needed!
Our favorite part was the fire pit on the beach and making friends with some of the locals at their outdoor bar, everyone was very nice. We booked another weekend there about a month after and it was exactly the same service we had before! Great location, great staff and highly recommended for a long weekend away on the beach! As for the rooms, we did not spend much time in there bc we were enjoying the beach and being outside so we did not care too much for how it looked :) very clean and beachy though. The owner also was very pleasant, he introduced himself and made sure our stay was well worth it, and it was! We'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

The motel is beachfront, which is awesome. There is a large bar right on the beach. The rooms are OK but nothing special. Improvements have been made to the stairs and decks. There is no deck furniture, which is very inconvenient if you want to sit outside to watch the ocean. The rates are quite high and continue to go up each year. There is no coffee available on the property and being able to find a parking spot is a concern. The maids and the office staff are super.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank LAURA M
Reviewed 26 October 2016

On the surface, the room sounds good - queen bed, table with seating and a view of the ocean. But, add a couple of decades of people staying in the room and no upgrades and you get the idea. The bad: The shower was so small I couldn't shave my legs (at the beach sorta necessary!), the drawers were very difficult to open and loud, there were no hangers, closet rod was above the mini-fridge so couldn't hang a sundress, the bedspread was terrifying, had to pay for ice and there was a lime in a drawer (room refresher maybe LOL?) The good: you can't beat the location. Our room had a small view but if you went on the shared deck landing there was a great view. You could easily walk to beach, Paddy's is next door, the hotel bar was good with great bloody marys, there was a parking on site, plenty of places to walk to for breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks. So, if you don't spend any time in the room and just want a great spot on the beach, this is your place. Just hope it doesn't rain and then you're trapped in the room!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank ratzazz
sandyshore1212, Manager at Sandy Shore Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2016

Hi there, Were sorry to hear your stay was not to your expectations. I wish we had known we would have done our best to make your stay more enjoyable. We are currently in the process of updating the rooms. Last year we began, and were limited to the amount we could do in one off season, due to the fact we built brand new decks on the building and could not get to all of them. We are now entering the off season again and are working hard to get the rest remodeled before next season begins. As for the lime, there is no excuse. Oversight by housekeeping I suppose. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to work hard to make sure everyone has a great stay at Sandy Shore.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Misquamicut
0.7 km away
0.7 km away
Breezeway Resort
Breezeway Resort
#1 of 6 in Misquamicut

Been to Sandy Shore Motel? Share your experiences!