See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 May 2018

I had no specific issues other than the sites by the entrance are a bit off level. I have a class C that does not have hydraulic jacks so I could not get level enough to allow my refer to run properly. I could have relocated to another site further down but we stuck it out. There is nothing fancy here we only slept here to be honest. It was about a 3 mile walk to downtown which we were happy to do. Newport was enjoyable. If you are looking for a place to stay and sleep this is fine. Sites are close together as others have said. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night and it wasn't bad. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They also gave us a book of pamphlets and maps of the area on check in. This place has a retro feel about it for sure. Mostly long term people who are living in the park. Overall it's a fine place to stay if you're looking to stay close to Newport, which is all we wanted. It's very close to Newport and convenient. No outdoor rugs or fires allowed (fires only in a community fire pit), but like I said, we only stayed one night so we could go explore Newport. It's worth it for that.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2016

We had never visited the area before and wanted a place close to Newport. This is the place...

We had reserved a full hook up site. As others have posted, it is either cash or traveler check for payment. We arrived, paid and were given some local info and directions to our site. All the sites are grass. We were unable to get our 40' coach level and the rear wheels would need to be off the ground to make this happen which is not safe. Back to the office and was given an an electric only site on another part of the park. It was also back in and had much less slope. The coach still would not level, but we made due. The sites are all 30 amp. It is a no frills park and we knew that going into it. We were there to see the area and the park served us well.

If coming in via a motorhome, I would encourage the electric only sites as they are your best bet in getting as close to level as you can.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mummaiv
Reviewed 25 October 2015

This place was fine. The bad reviews are interesting. We had no problems. We were level, but we have hydraulic jacks. You are very close to your neighbors but none of our slide outs or awning would have touched the neighbors. We were here to explore Newport not "relax". Wifi worked very well. The owner was very nice. I informed her of the bad reviews and told her about my fears of driving here from Fisherman's State Park in Narragansett, 24 miles away. It's not a "beautiful" campground, but you are close to two beaches and a windmill park with trails. We saw others with dogs and they were friendly and raved about the place. The "view" of trailer homes and some of the neighbors isn't fabulous but who cares! We are safe, our RV is in good shape, nothing bad happened, very quiet and the staff/owner was very very helpful. I'm starting to realize some RV owners just have to complain. I don't get it...

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CoraG
Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

We arrived with our 2 dogs, 2 kids and 45 foot motor home quite late in the evening. Staff immediately came out to help us get settled. Great rates for the area! We enjoyed the community fire pits & were able to chat with neighbors. We stayed for four days & will stay with them again when we return to Newport.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family