“Best fine dining seafood in RI!”
Review of Jamestown Fish

Jamestown Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Jamestown Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Jamestown
Price range: USD 40 - USD 65
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Jamestown FiSH - A European Inspired Seafood Restaurant Executive Chef Matthew MacCartney - New England Winner of Food & Wine The People's Best New Chef 2014 & 2015. The restaurant holds the Wine Spectator Best Award of Excellence since 2014 and currently features over 600 selections from around the world with a focus on France and Italy. Voted (2016) Best Statewide Winelist (RI Monthly Readers Poll) Please call or visit our website for reservations.
Reviewed 24 August 2015

Jamestown Fish is a restaurant that has 2 distinct personalities: the outdoor area serving pizza (plastic plates) and catering to a more casual, no-reservations-needed crowd...and the indoor fine dining experience that we had. The night we dined there, the outdoor patio was crowded and loud...full of hungry tourists and their noisy kids. The indoor dining room was practically empty. Since we were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary, we were glad we made reservations to be indoors. (I can get pizza surrounded by annoying tourists anywhere.)
Our server was knowledgeable and friendly. I grilled her on the sweet vermouth they use to make a proper Manhattan, and she came back with not only my favorite Antica Formula, but a French vermouth I've never heard of. I was offered a taste and it was fantastic. She just as easily helped my wife choose a wonderful bottle of Sancerre to go with our main courses.
Rhode Island is the Ocean State, but is surprisingly lacking in truly well-prepared seafood. We've got more clam shacks than you can shake a stick at, and many of them are very good. But if you want beautifully prepared plates of tuna sashimi, the Jamestown Fish Cookpot (with lobster, clams, mussels scallops and more), and a knock-down drag-out best-ever Dover sole with a Grenobloise sauce, this is where you go. You won't find seafood like this in Providence or Newport.
It's not inexpensive. Fine food has a price. We were more than happy to pay it. Great night!

1  Thank Elvis355

Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

I've never been in a restaurant that charges $28 for an entree and it gets served on a plastic plate- disgraceful! Also it is disgraceful to advertise the specials without the prices and then overcharge you for something that is not even worth it! Sword fish was like a hard sole and it was made from frozen. Prossecco was served on a wine plastic wine glass ! The owners of this restaurant are certainly clueless about service and good quality food!

2  Thank mala1
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

The best choice in Jamestown. Certainly many steps up the ladder from tourist food. The outside venue is very nice. The food is good but hardly great. I had Bluefish with spinach, tomatoes and potatoes. The fish was nicely done, the side, nothing special. Lynn had a burger. We each had one glass of wine. The tally was $100. We have enjoyed far better meals at that price. We are traveling on our boat so the walking distance limits our choices.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

The pizza is great! I would definitely get that if I go back. My husband had the fish and chips and did not like it. The menu outside is different than inside and is a little bit more casual. The patio is awesome and the drinks are amazing!!!

Reviewed 17 August 2015

Had the pleasure of dining on the 2nd flr balcony on a perfect weather evening. Much quieter than the patio below & the option of the full menu. The wait staff were both attentive and helpful in answering our questions concerning their menu that evening. Their recommendations did not disappoint. We had the eggplant as an appetizer and the swordfish & tuna as entrees. They were grilled to perfection & quite tasty. For dessert the blueberry tapioca was a perfect way to end the meal. Oh & the wine list will make it difficult to make a selection!!

Been to Jamestown Fish? Share your experiences!