“Excellent Food & Service”
Review of Grille on Main - CLOSED

Grille on Main
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

We went after seeing the rating on here and weren't disappointed! We were seated very quickly, and the kids food was brought out really fast. Our hostess, Cee, was very attentive and friendly. The atmosphere was lively as there is a bar area, but no so much that it overpowers your ability to enjoy conversation and your meal. We were in a separated area at the front of the restaurant which was great. The food itself was amazing. To start we shared the generous calamari starter - delicious. I ordered the steak whilst my husband opted for the pork. Both dishes were impeccably presented and tasted amazing. We had no room for dessert! The kids had icecream which I tasted & can confirm was yummy too! My 5 year old said "this is actually a really nice restaurant & I like that lady!" (Very).

Being new to the area, we are trying out new places and this is definitely one we'll be visiting again!

(One of the owners, Scott, actually came to say hello having heard we're new to the area! If that's not great customer service I don't know what is!)

1  Thank Whatmummywore

Reviewed 4 March 2017

We walked in without a reservation on a Friday night and they did everything that they could to welcome us and arrange for us to sit in a short amount of time. It was our first time there and right from the start we knew that we had found someplace wonderful! We were seated within 10 minutes and our server was without throughout...explaining the menu, offereing suggestions, and keeping on top of everything -THANK YOU BELLA! In fact all of the staff gave you the feeling that they liked working there and would help even if it was not "their" area. The manager kept us informed of when our food would be coming out and checked to make sure that we were pleased. We had a variety of foods from the Mac and Cheese - Perfect! Perfect! Perfect! to the Incredible In-Bone Pork Chop and a steak so perfectly cooked that the smile is still on my face.
This is a restaurant that you don't want to miss - it is exactly how a good restaurant should be and you will leave knowing that the you paid one price but got soooooooo much more. Very tasty and very affordable! Just GO!

2  Thank Carl123East
Reviewed 21 February 2017

We were going to a concert across the way (at the Odium) so we got there just at 6PM. They were already full - but had a high top near the bar without a wait. The menu was varied, and the portions were large (I took about half mine home). Our server was very helpful, and when he found out where we were going he told us the band (Sha Na Na) was also there.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

My meal was bland in flavor (salmon dinner) and tasted not very fresh as if it was maybe a few days old. I also had a salad and some of toppings, such as the tomatoes were overly ripe, not fresh and some salad was brown. Was very turned off by the quality of the food. We will not be returning but def wanted to share as it's annoying to pay for top notch dinner and get poor tasting food in such a nice area. In retrospect I wish I sent my meal back.

1  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed 3 January 2017

We have been going to the Grille on Main often recently as the menu is interesting, the staff very hospitable and professional. We made our NYE reservations for 7:00 as we have had a very busy December with family and friends and knew that we would not see 12:00 midnight. We sat at our favorite table after being greeted with smiles at the door. We were informed my our server that the menu had changed recently and we were excited to see it. We sat and had drinks and talked for a few minutes and checked out the menu. Some new items sounded great, more visits in the future. The restaurant began to fill up quickly which having been in the business that is a great thing. The service was great. My steak was overcooked, I attributed that to many steaks on the grill and then picking up the wrong one, but one done to my liking came quickly along with a glass of wine. Dessert was delicious as well. We can't wait to go back to try other new selections.

1  Thank steve f