“Awesome!”

Ranked #11 of 298 Restaurants in Cranston
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The service was excellent! The Lobster Bisque was the best I have ever had with good-sized chunks of lobster in it. Two of our party had pasta with shrimp, lobster & scallops and they raved about it. My lobster salad had a ton of cold lobster on it. Pricey but worth the cost. The restaurant says they only take reservations for groups of 10 or more.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

What happened to the mighty Twin Oaks of yesterday. Did someone hi-jack the menu, recipes and food quality. I had baked stuffed shrimp, which for years was a signature dish. I think it came out of a prepared frozen dinner package. Really this should be a 1 on the scale. But, I hurts to bomb my once favorite restaurant.

3  Thank Thomas V
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Went to Twin Oaks for the first time last night with a group of ladies. The service was very good, but I was served raw breaded chicken cutlets. And I'm not talking a big thick piece of chicken slightly underdone, it was a 1/4 inch thin cutlet completely pink on the inside. I'm not sure how the kitchen staff managed to that. The waiter was very apologetic and accommodating (the only reason I am giving 2 stars instead of 1) but it's not enough to make up for raw poultry. It makes me wonder what other substandard practices are going on behind the scenes.

2  Thank MySilverLulaby
Reviewed 7 January 2018

For some unfathomable reason, this is one of the "most popular restaurants" in Rhode Island. Aside from the dismal brown paneled dining rooms and bar area, the hosts could not care less about the patrons. My family made a 4:30 pm reservation to celebrate our grandfather's 99th birthday. (As an aside, this is the restaurant that HE CHOSE to celebrate this 99th year!) We were told upon arrival that our table was not ready, despite the fact that all 16 of us showed up on time. We were ushered to the bar area for a wait of one hour and twenty minutes. We were told that the previous party who had our table for a 2:30 reservation showed up after 3:00 and the restaurant would never be so rude as to tell those patrons the that the table was reserved for a 4:30 birthday celebration. So we were sat at 5:50 - one hour and twenty minutes after our reserved 4:30 dinner time for our 99 year old grandfather. Unfortunately, grandpa needed to be taken home before the meal even arrived. Lucky for him. Cold buffalo chicken, cold fried mozzarella, cold calamari, chewy chicken parmesan..... Could go on and on... Bottom line --- there are so many great restaurants in Providence that really appreciate their patrons and serve GREAT food. This is not one of them. Save your time AND money and go any place else!!!! ( as an aside, when we tried to explain our issues to the host, he told us to go have dinner someplace else and that our patronage would not be missed).

7  Thank pmlh1
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

This place is at a culinary standstill Bread crumb laden baked stuffed shrimp, really? Nothing creative or inspired here. Honestly is like an old persons place. Don’t know how they’ve stayed open except that Rhode islanders don’t expect much and they don’t get it. Unsophisticated, pedestrian, it’s the place to go if your the type who likes lots of hair spray, fake furs, and old lady perfume. Classless, stale, boring

3  Thank nluttmann