“Brought my parents here for Dad's 70th birthday and we were not disappointed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lobster Pot

The Lobster Pot
Ranked #15 of 84 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: USD 20 - USD 45
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bristol, Rhode Island
“Brought my parents here for Dad's 70th birthday and we were not disappointed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

We had a great meal here lately. The food was excellent; cooked to perfection. The staff were friendly, helpful and fast even though the place was full - and the view is amazing of course. Some of the recent reviews ("Worms in the food"??) are highly suspicious they are so over the top - I found this place to be consistently good and recommend that you try it for yourself.

• Visited September 2011

Sarasota, Florida
“Traditional New England Food with Water Views, Good Food and Wonderful Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

I've have been to the Lobster Pot many times in the past 30 years and it has never been better. The restaurant is visually appealing especially on a bright early evening as the sun was setting and the sailboats bobbed on the water. The dining room filled and the background sound was of people thoroughly enjoying themselves. The menu has many interesting choices especially the seafood, as you would expect. A diner at the next table ordered prime rib, a special for the night. It was huge and looked delicious. Our party of four ordered fish entrees and a sea scallop dish. They were all good as were the potatoes and vegetables. The service was supurb. The only negative was the small parking areas did not adequately provide for all the happy diners.

1 Thank LCS2468
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

The prices were high, but the food was mediocre. The bacon-wrapped scallop appetizer was overcooked. The shrimp-and-scallop salad with portabello mushroom consisted of two shrimp, two scallops, one mushroom cap and a few lettuce leaves - all for $15.95. The only positive review would be the beautiful view from the ocean front porch.

• Visited August 2011
13 Thank Gayle923
Rhode Island
“great lunch spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stopped at Lobster Pot for a like lunch, and ate on the patio. The outdoor patio has great views and great food. My husband had the lobster club which was loaded with big chunks of lobster meat and not a lot of mayo. I had the steak salad, and the steak was tended and cooked to prefection.

• Visited August 2011
Chepachet
“embarassing...we brought a Frenchman to experience lobster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

My "2 lb. lobster" had no claws, which I expected, but my stuffing, which was supposed to include the claws, had largely scallops. My tail was flat...I can only imagine it was clipped. My husband and I steam lobsters at home often, and this was NOT a two lb. lobster. Our sides (potatoes, spinach, and beets) were, without exaggeration, canned! All of them!!! We spent $200 plus for: no wine, just beer for two, no dessert. All for this misrepresentation of American cuisine. Of course, we will be taking our French friend to another restaurant in the greater Providence area. DO NOT go to this place. Yes, we had a lovely view, but this is a restaurant that is selling food, and a horrible one at that.

Visited August 2011