“Beautiful restaurant, pleasant atmosphere and very good food”

The Handsome Cab Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #1 of 18 Nightlife in York
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Handsome Cab offers its clientele a striking venue in which to congregate amongst friends, family, or business associates. We provide attentive yet relaxed service to our patrons whether they are stopping in for a quick cocktail after work, or settling into gastronomic plates prepared on site and served at our lounge, bar, or intimate table settings (or in our private wine cellar). Our music feature selections from an eclectic collection of sound to compliment the mood of the moment. Our space is adorned by original works of art to create historical resonance within our building and the surrounding area. Finally, our second floor comprising of three rooms is dedicated to original works of art and available to our patrons for enjoyment or purchase. Visit The Handsome Cab to enjoy an environment designed to engage the senses in an uncompromised celebration of the beauty of life.
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

We’ve actually been here 4 times since the start of the year and each time left happy and satisfied.

First, it’s not anything like the full menu Left Bank nearby. It’s a wine bar that specializes in many varieties of wines in both draft cask and bottles. The food menu consists of many shareable dishes and small plate entrees and salads that can be ordered in dinner size portions as well. The food is somewhat pricey but very good and attractively served. My scallop entree was outstanding as was my wife’s flatbread.

Service, was very attentive but hardly speedy. Shareable items were delivered on a schedule appropriate to enjoying the wines. This is a good thing- unless you’re in a hurry. It allows time to sip, savor and enjoy conversation with friends.

The wine bar features over a dozen “flights” of wines; 4 2 oz. pours of various wines based on themes; varietals, regions, countries, etc. Prices vary between $15 and $19.

If you’re not a wine drinker, much of the experience will be lost. But the food and relaxed atmosphere will help. Conversational noise level. A live piano playing relaxing new age and adapted contemporary music.

We’ll go back.

"fondue"
"stuffed dates"
"sliders"
in 2 reviews
"nice selection of wines"
"food and wine"
"heather"
"piano"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Let's see, one word, pretentious. The restaurant and the customers. Don't get me wrong the food was good, good and over priced. Over priced drinks. The hipster host needs his attitude adjusted. The wait staff are nice. The bartender is a snob. I'll pretty much avoid this place.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

This is a wonderful place to eat . It is so multifaceted with all the events they have to offer. The owners have so many new ideas that no other place has done.This is an excellent place to go for a special evening or a Sunday afternoon learning experience. Br sure to check out the art gallery!

1  Thank smohr88
Reviewed 19 February 2018

My husband and I had a rare date night recently and decided to head out on the town for the evening. We had dinner at a different local establishment, but we were not ready to head home yet, so we decided to see if we could find room at the bar at The Handsome Cab. Thankfully, the poor weather kept a lot of people away until late that night, so we were able to get a coveted seat at the well-stocked bar. My husband got 2 red wines from their extensive wine menu, and because I am not really a wine drinker, I got a peach bellini and a white sangria. That bellini was the best I've had anywhere, and we will definitely be back so that I can get it again.

As far as the atmosphere, it was fun, lively, and sophisticated. There was live piano entertainment -- the pianist was fantastic -- and that just added to the impressive atmosphere. Upstairs, there is an art gallery where artists' work is displayed and available for purchase. That is such a unique touch to this bar/restaurant. We absolutely loved it, and we both thought that this is just what York needed!

The bartenders were very friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. They welcomed us immediately and gave great recommendations on different wines and drinks. Next time -- and there definitely will be a next time -- my husband wants to try one of their generous wine flights. (He had wine envy as he watched some of the wine flights come out!)

We absolutely loved the feel of The Handsome Cab, and we decided that our next date night will bring us back to try out their dinner menu.

1  Thank YorkTravelGirl