“Finally a decent pizza in Yardley!”

DeLorenzo's Famous Tomato Pies
Ranked #25 of 49 Restaurants in Yardley
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We've been very pleased with the tomato pies at DeLorenzo's. It's been a zoo since it opened and we've only had take out. The new building is very attractive and we will end up eating there when things calm down. But can't recommend the tomato pies more strongly. EXCELLENT!!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We were in Bordertown for a memorial service and heard that DeLorenzo's was no longer in Trenton but now in Robbinsville. The wait was short on a Wednesday evening. We had an antipasto - laden with meats, artichokes, olives, cheeses, etc. Very good. (The heiirloom tomato salad looked awesome at the neighboring table.) The tomato pie was very different from pizza . The crust very thin - the tomatoes very fresh. it was definitely a great experience. The waiters are dressed very traditionally- they look good. The cooks you can see making the tomato pies. It is a BYOB which we didn't know but the table next door gave us their left over red wine. Everyone in the place was very friendly and proud of their tomato pie heritage.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t wait for DeLorenzo’s Yardley to open. I remember like it was yesterday the pies Gary used to make on Hudson St. His picture is on the wall as you walk in. Just thick enough crust, chunks of rich tomatoes, oil and luscious cheese. The pie I had last night was sparse, too thin, parts of the pie were barely covered with sauce AND cheese and quite honestly, not even really flavorful enough. I had basil as a topping and the basil leaves were just thrown on top whole as if an afterthought.
I was so disappointed.

Oh, and may I have water with lemon please? I’m sorry we don’t have lemon... could I have unsweetened tea please? I’m sorry, we only have sweetened. And the kicker? May I have some Parmesan please? I’m sorry, we don’t have Parmesan. WHAT?!? Sorry DeLorenzo, I’ll continue with Venezia next door who have the absolute BEST Margarita AND Brooklyn pies to die for!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The term "tomato pie" has been part of my vocabulary since I was a youngster...& the pinnacle of that dish came from one place - DeLorenzo's on Hudson Street in Chambersburg, just outside of Trenton, NJ. After I married, we searched in vain for an equivalent on the Bucks County side of the river. When Hudson Street closed its doors, we mourned the loss of the place that Chick & Sophie had made world-famous...but celebrated the fact that the tradition continued at their offspring's restaurant in Hamilton Twp., NJ. Now, at long last, a 2nd place has opened to great throngs of tomato pie devotees...so - yes - there's a wait. But it's oh, so worth it. We ordered our pie with mushroom & sausage - the crust crispy, the tomato chunks still whispering of the vine & the sweet sausage redolent w/ fennel. Superb!!!!

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately, the wait is not over. The truth is, you can only try this great pizza if you are strong enough to survive the wait. This was our second approach with an older person, and a second failure. No way to wait over an hour with no available place to seat. ( they were all
taken). So after years of going to Hudson street and Robinsville, no success in getting into the new, local place. I guess, this is a great success but not all are winners.