“Slow night... leisurely meal”

Christine's Restauant
Ranked #13 of 49 Restaurants in Yardley
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Heacock Road
Description: Italian Restaurant. BYOB. Serving Veal - Chicken - Seafood - Pasta - Steaks - Pizza - Paninis. Online ordering available on our website for take out and delivery.
Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal. Why? We were totally relaxed. I went there with a certain dish in mind. But I noticed veal. Hadn't had that in a while. Started with a creamed mushroom soup. Then a crisp mixed salad, followed with the veal and a side of penne pasta.Each item served right. Our server, Chris was on top and friendly. My wife was looking forward to asparagus rollitini and she was not disappointed.Our friends each picked other dishes, Cozi, ravioli etc It's a BYOB so we brought a few.Plus some lemocello... Good night, good place, great food!

Date of visit: March 2018
Jarmetta, Manager at Christine's Restauant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Ajojo, thank you for taking the time to write us such a fantastic review. We're thrilled to hear you, your wife, and your friends throughly enjoyed your dishes; I'll definitely be bringing your review to my chefs, they'll be very happy to read it. I'll also let Chris know he's been doing a fantastic job with his personable and attentive service. We love getting feedback like this and can't wait to have you all in for another fun and relaxing time again soon.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Had a very nice Christmas Eve dinner here. They had a limited menu with minimal vegetarian options. However, they were very accommodating and allowed us to custom order.

Date of visit: December 2017
Jarmetta, Manager at Christine's Restauant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

We are so happy to hear you spent Christmas Eve with us, Gary. I am glad we were able to get you what you wanted even with our limited menu during the holiday. The family is most important during this time of year and I am glad you let us serve yours. Come back again soon to try our full menu including some great vegetarian options. Cheers, Gary!

Reviewed 13 December 2017

This is a beautiful BYOB that you would drive by without realizing it. Once you go inside, the décor is beautiful and the food is delicious. It is really nice space for hosting small parties. They are helpful and open to special circumstances (like my wife's surprise birthday dinner). I keep forgetting about it because of the location. Then I go back and am always pleased with the experience

Date of visit: April 2017
Jarmetta, Manager at Christine's Restauant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Thanks for coming in TMS. I also appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are constantly striving to deliver the best food in the greatest atmosphere that we know how. We are happy to host special events like birthdays anytime. Just give us a call or stop in and we can discuss how we can help you throw a successful get together. I hope to see you soon TMS!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Against my better judgment and after my two co-workers advised me not to book my son’s Rehearsal Dinner at Christine’s Restaurant in Yardley, PA, I went ahead and booked the event, which was held a couple weeks ago. When I spoke to the owner Jim, I expressed my concern regarding the events that my co-workers had at his Restaurant and that I was skeptical about booking my event. He assured me that it must have been an off night for the Chef. He told me to come up to the Restaurant and he would go through everything with me.

My Husband and I went for Dinner a few weeks later on a Friday night and were hoping to speak with Jim. The place was busy and there was a Rehearsal Dinner going on in the Garden Room. After dinner we went to talk to Jim, but he had already left for the night. We then spoke with the Manager/Chef Rob and he booked the event with our deposit. The week before the dinner, I called the restaurant to give Jim my final count and our desired menu. Again, Jim was not there, so I spoke with Rob. I added a third appetizer, which was an additional charge per person and another dinner up charge for the veal option. We dropped off our beer/wine the night before the event.

On the day of the Rehearsal dinner, all the guests arrived by 6:30 PM. The server, Liz, put down three plates with appetizers on end of the table that had the Beer/Wine/Soda/glasses, etc. One had an antipasto with an abundance of red peppers and little of everything else, one with maybe twenty-five bacon-wrapped scallops and one with calamari. Was a little awkward for everyone, especially the older guests with walkers & canes, who were already sitting, to get up and go to that table to obtain any appetizers. The original 3 plates sat there for quite some time before I urged everyone to get up and partake in the appetizers. Had the appetizers been served family style on each table, which was how I observed the rehearsal dinner weeks earlier, the guests would have eaten a little more of the appetizers and I might feel that I got my money’s worth for the appetizers. The server brought out a second plate of Calamari and scallops, never replacing the Antipasto. I paid an additional $90 for a third appetizer which I feel was a waste of my money. Next, the salad, totally wilted and lacking any flavor. Again, was not what I saw at the other Rehearsal Dinner. Mixed reviews on the dinners. A lot of people I spoke with that had the shrimp scampi said the pasta was very lemony. Most people said they enjoyed their main dish. A few people ordered the veal with the up charge. At the end of the meal each table received a plate of mini pastries, unfortunately thrown on a plate with no finesse or paper doily. Not impressive at all. No one ever came up to me during the whole time to ask me if everything was okay or if we needed anything.

In the end, for the money I spent, I wish I had followed my instincts and went somewhere else to have my son’s Rehearsal Dinner. Will make sure not to make that mistake again and will not recommend Christine’s to anyone.

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank soapby
Jarmetta, Manager at Christine's Restauant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Soapby, I am terribly sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your recent event. Jim, the owner, can have a very hectic schedule as you can imagine so I am glad that Rob was able to get everything booked for you and apologize Jim was not available more to meet with you. We certainly strive to deliver quality service, food, and drinks to every one of our guests and we did not meet our mark with your group. I will be meeting with the management, servers, and chef that was working that night to let them know about your feedback and make a plan for ensuring that we never miss anything in the future like this. I hope that you will give us another chance at wowing you one day.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Christine's is relatively close to the Oxford Valley Mall, but is not a chain restaurant. Its menu offers a nice range of food choices from casual sandwiches & pizzas to fine dining options. Dinner starts off with some of their delicious warm bread & rolls (my favorite - their tomato-crusted bread) along w/ herbed olive oil. My husband chose Tuscan Garlic Bread Bruschetta for his antipasti course. The 5 slices of garlic toast are topped w/ cheese & the tomato topping comes separate from the toast. I opted for their Summer Salad (mixed greens, mandarin oranges, strawberries, asparagus & goat cheese in a raspberry vinaigrette). While tasty, I found the warm asparagus a bit puzzling sitting on top of the cold fruit, cheese & greens salad. I put the veggie aside & enjoyed it with my entrée - Chicken al Carciofi (with artichoke hearts, asparagus, black olives & grape tomatoes served in a white wine garlic butter sauce) which was quite good. My husband's main dish was a large portion of Chicken Marsala heaped with sautéed mushrooms in a tasty Marsala wine sauce. Both entrees were served with mixed vegetables & mashed potatoes. Our server was attentive & professional & quickly took care of my left-overs with a doggie bag.

Date of visit: July 2017