“Dinner”

Say Cheese! Restaurant & Cheese
Reserve with OpenTable
Say Cheese! Restaurant & Cheese is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in West Reading
Price range: USD 5 - USD 24
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Say Cheese! is a family-owned restaurant and cheese shop in West Reading, PA. We serve over 75 types of artisan cheeses, along with creative takes on traditional American food. A favorite stop for locals, we're humbled to be named Best Lunch in Berks County the last three years by the magazine "Berks County Living". We specialize in serving locally-made cheese, coffee, and other foods and drinks. Open for lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch, we serve a full menu of salads, sandwiches, entrees, and our famous mac & cheese. Our drink menu features local craft beers, or BYOB and our wait staff will gladly accommodate it. Online reservations can be made on our website or on OpenTable and we have free Wi-Fi. Enjoy a meal in our dining room, outdoor seating area (weather-permitting), or book our private gallery room for your next business meeting or birthday party - it sits up to 25 people. Don't have time for menu dining? No problem! Carry out options are available and if you need a quick meal to feed a group of people, check out our party trays and custom gift baskets. Visit our cheese shop and pick up your favorite selections of artisan cheeses and meats. Our restaurant and cheese shop is conveniently located on Penn Avenue, right in the heart of West Reading. Visit our website to see our full menu, reserve a table, or to see a list of upcoming events. You can also give us a call to order takeout or catering. We're proud members of The Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the Greater Reading Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Had a chance to visit while on a business trip. Not disappointed at all. Deviled eggs and duck meatloaf tasted fantastic. Service was superb. Glass never empty and plate never idle. Will be visiting again each time I come back. Highly recommend stopping in.

Date of visit: April 2018
Theresa C, General Manager at Say Cheese! Restaurant & Cheese, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

I can't thank you enough for the wonderful review!! We aim to please and are so happy to hear when we do!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Was in reading for the weekend for an exhibit at the museum and drove by this place. With a name like that how can you resist? We ordered the brisket sandwich. It was soooooo good. We loved it so much that we came back the next day for another! I really wish this place was in NYC so I could go at least once a week! We might have to take a trip back to Reading, the 2.5 hour drive is worth it for this sandwich!

Date of visit: February 2018

Wow! Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We're honored that you came twice in one week. Hope to see you again!!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I have dinner with my father monthly and we like to try new restaurants each month. My father chose Say Cheese this month because he'd picked my daughter up for us once when she had an event there. He was curious. First off he was completely caught off guard thinking it would be less artisan and more "kiddish food". He was impressed with the food presentation and the reasonableness of the portion sizes relative to the cost. Why do I keep describing my father's reaction? I could have described my own positive feedback, but that means a whole lot less from me. My father is far more likely to pick out every flaw (real and imagined) than share anything resembling a compliment. So I found his reaction remarkable. He still managed to dig on the distance between tables, which he for some reason thought was too spacious - but wow he REALLY needed to dig for that one. My only negative was I cannot understand why Limberger cheese is appealing - thank goodness there was another sample cheese available to help recover from my mistaken impression that it would taste any less like feet than the other versions I'd had, just because it was being offered in a restaurant that specializes in cheese.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Very nice restaurants in West Reading. Service was good as well as the food. I tried the onion soup but was disapointed. However the entree was very good. My wife and I each had half a rack of lamb, and the flavor was very good. The sides that came on the plage were excellent.

Date of visit: February 2018
Theresa C, General Manager at Say Cheese! Restaurant & Cheese, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review! We hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Saturday for lunch. Place was packed and we had to wait 40 minutes for a table. They take reservations but at lunch only for a party of 6 or more. They will take your cell phone number and text you if you want to visit the shops on the avenue.

Waitress was there quickly and took our drink order. Back in a reasonable amount of time to take the food order. Food was served quickly and hot but ready to eat. She did check back on us several times. However, when it came time to pay the bill it took much longer than it should have.

Menu is varied and filled with mostly cheese oriented dishes. I found a number of selections that appealed to me. A little pricey but portion sizes match. Quality was good and preparation as well.

Ambience was noisy due not only to the crowds but the building itself. Hard walls, wooden floors and chairs. There is a cheese counter with many different cheeses for sale. Tasted some of the samples which were good, but didn't buy any as I didn't think they were worth $14 a pound.

Little off the wall, but I liked it. Will probably return.

Date of visit: January 2018

Been to Say Cheese! Restaurant & Cheese? Share your experiences!