“Tastiness All Through The Menu”
Review of Split Rail Tavern

Split Rail Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Split Rail Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 285 Restaurants in West Chester
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Wings app - excellent sauce & unique ranch dipping sauce
Fried green tomatoes - perfectly breaded, great dipping sauce
Orecchiette - unbelievable... if you're a fan of garlic like me, this will suit you just fine. Great combo of spicy & crisp Italian sausage, light cream sauce, broccoli & tomatoes. Couldn't stop eating it...

Nice local craft beer section as well.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I love Split Rail. The food is always great and we love the drinks. We come here more than any other restaurant and would recommend to others. However, today we went to brunch and did not have a great experience with one of the bartenders. We sat down and there were only two or three other people at the bar. It was nearly 10 minutes before the bartender (female with some of her hair dyed purple) even came over. She was not personable, seemed like she didn't want to be there (and looked like she just rolled out of bed). We then waited over 10 minutes for the coffee we ordered from her. Finally when we were finished eating, our plates were cleared and our check was very visibly ready to be paid. We waited another 15 minutes while she (and the owner) checked their phones and talked to other patrons about customers who were at the bar over the weekend (who I happen to know). Ended up waiting for the bartender shift change to get our card swiped. There was a male bartender or bar-back who was AWESOME and super polite and kinda redeemed the whole situation. However, I don't think we'll be coming back for brunch again as this is the second bad experience we've had with the purple hair bartender. My husband and I have been in the restaurant industry for 10 years and the employment of this subpar bartender at such a loved and great establishment is so perplexing to us. It just doesn't make sense.

3  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 17 April 2017

My husband and I went to Split Rail for the first time on a Friday night. We were able to get a table in less than half an hour which was fantastic considering the hour. Great selection of beer and the wait staff is friendly and helpful. The food was excellent. I had a salad with grilled shrimp; my husband had a pork shop. Both of us really enjoyed the food. We're not likely to go back because of the noise. I have normal hearing and found it difficult; my husband has difficulty hearing in noisy spaces so we won't be back. However, it was great fresh food, fast, and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Visited for lunch with a group of 10. The food was good, the fries were some of the best in town. My wife is a vegetarian, and Split Rail had an ample vegetarian selection. Very interesting beer menu, especially if you're into craft beers. The decor is not fancy. We will be returning.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Went there for St. Pat's Day dinner. Place was packed as we expected. We had reservations and was seated quickly.
Had the eggplant fries for an appetizer. I am not a big eggplant person, but I must admit they were delicious. I had the burger with fries, highly recommend it! Fresh tasting, moist, it was cooked perfectly. My partner had the Reuben. Only complaint was the corned beef was tough and thick. For dessert we had the three scoops of Gemelli gelato. Excellent!
Great beer selections. A little loud but it was, after all, St. Pat's Day. We will return!