“Craft beer and food spot!!”

Side Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 288 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

I've been going to Side Bar for years after my family and I moved into West Chester. The craft beer selection is fantastic and the food is solid! Big fan of the Inferno Burger and the Peanut Butter and bacon wings! Happy Hour discounts on certain craft beer M-F starting at 5 pm. Atmosphere is a little on the loud side, so don't go here if you are looking to have a quiet dinner. Keep up the great work guys!!

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank murtyj

Reviewed 1 May 2017

My son and I went to the Side Bar & Restaurant on a Sunday evening after I played in a concert at the the new Knauer Theater in West Chester. I was tired and hungry, and this place was open, so we went in. We sat upstairs in a nice open room. Our table was wobbly, and the air conditioning must have been on "arctic" setting.It was really cold in there. However, we were soon treated to some good food, so the atmosphere didn't matter as much. We started with the plantain chips, accompanied by pico de gallo, sour cream and guacamole. The chips and their accoutrements were quite good, and kept us occupied while our dinner was being prepared.

I ordered the piri-piri chicken sandwich, which came on a nice pretzel roll with smoked mozzarella and cilantro crema. Yummmm...it was really good! I opted for the side salad instead of fries. Their house dressing was okay, but had a bit too much vinegar. My son had a burger which he liked, too. For desert, we both got cheesecake slices. I found mine to be a bit on the dry side, but flavorful.

Service was okay at first, but then the waiter never refilled our water glasses, and we were really thirsty. There was a big table across the room, and I guess they kept the waitstaff busy. I saw their water glasses being refilled, but ours ran dry :(

To sum it up, the food was quite good, but the service...meh. I would have given this more stars, but for the empty water glass and the freezing temperature.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 31 March 2017

I like this bar for their special pale ale brews. The servers are friendly and the atmosphere is friendly.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Best beer selection in the Philadelphia area. Love going on Saturdays for 2pm lunch. Thanks Adam and team.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank barnaj02
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

This was heaven start to finish. Sitting at the bar enjoying friendly conversation, great food and craft beer, it's a go back to spot. I had the ahi tuna burger and it was blow you away incredible. Done exactly as I asked seasoned spot on perfect and a belly full of sandwich and fries. Their craft beer on tap selection is to dream for and the have a great selection of bottles and cans. This place is a five plus star spot that warrants a return visit again and again

Date of visit: February 2017