“Very Unique ”

Jimmy John's
Ranked #20 of 285 Restaurants in West Chester
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

To start these dogs are more of a German knock wurst, only about 4 inches long and very fat, they are served on a little soft dinner roll. I got mine with chili and cheese sauce, the chili is a meaty tomato chili with beans, very different from what I'm used to but still good. Didn't have room for their soft serve ice cream or thick shake, maybe next time.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

eh....it had good reviews, and there wasn't much else in the area, so I stopped by. First, it was packed, so there wasn't much parking. Inside, it was a bit chaotic, with people who already ordered just standing in the "lobby" blocking everything up. I ordered a chili cheese dog and some onion rings. The food actually came out pretty fast but that was pretty much the only extra ordinary part. The hotdog was just ok, the onion rings were just ok. It wasn't a bad meal by any stretch, but I'm pretty baffled by all of the 5 star reviews. It was a good hotdog, not an otherworldly hotdog. The onion rings were thin pieces of onion; again, good, not transcendent like the reviews would have you believe. The biggest draw is that its a cool place for kids, as they serve hotdogs and the place is full of model trains. Its not like I'd avoid this place, but I wouldn't go out of my way either.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Been enjoy Jimmy John's sandwiches since the 60's, when the original "Jimmy" & his wife worked the flat top grill. In his 90's he sold the hotdog stand to a long-term emp. named Roger who cooks all day with his own son now. The breakfast sandwiches are just great, served anytime.
The hotdogs come with or without a natural casing are simply the best anywhere. I enjoy the pork roll w/cheese at lunch (called a Lincoln ) or even better, a pork roll w/egg to start a day with. Place is loaded with black & white photos, celebrity pics and train displays that change by the time of season. Great food, reasonable prices, and fun servers. Many have been college students from Westchester Univ.
Try the sandwichs and you too will return over & over.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

I don't get it, and I never did. I've tried to like these hot dogs. I've really tried. I've dressed them up every way I can. But I just think they're the worst. It's amazing because so many have raved about them. The problem is this: They're almost impossible to chew. The skin is so tough, you almost have to cut them with a steak knife. Why is this a good thing ?

1  Thank Antoine J
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Having frequented this place for nearly two decades, they continue to serve up quality food at reasonable prices in a great old-fashioned family atmosphere -- and of course, the model trains!