All reviewsmary wellsdining roomhistoric hotelin townstep back in timestarbucks coffeemain streetthe pa grand canyoncontinental breakfastpool and hot tubbagelsking suitebrunchlobbylodgesundayhistory
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We went there for weekend with 4 other couples on our motorcycles. One of the other couples booked the rooms. We were quite surprised by the hotel. It is a very
quaint and historic hotel in a wonderful little town. The rooms were very comfortable with a separate bedroom and a sitting area for watching tv. The lounge area is very nice and Sunday brunch was great. If you spend Saturday night at the hotel your brunch is included in you stay. Nice big lobby for waiting for other members of your party. The town has a nice variety of places to eat and drink. There is a sister hotel a couple blocks from the hotel that has an indoor pool, hot tub and sauna free of charge.
The Grand Canyon of PA is close by and the Finger Lakes Region of NY is nearby. There are many places to visit in the area. We enjoyed our stay and will stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a sitting area some of the other rooms are tiny without a sitting room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My family (2 adults, 2 children) stayed at the Lodge for one week in an Executive Suite in the Tower which provided ample space (bedroom, bath and living room with sleeper sofa and kitchenette). Only complaint is that pillows weren't very comfortable. Breakfast exceeded our expectations, and the morning staff brought our kids treats for later in the day which they appreciates after our hikes. Staff was pleasant from check-in through check-out. We enjoyed the pool, and our discounted dinner at the Hotel restaurant where the staff was also pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2017

I had a very good two-night stay at the Penn Wells Hotel. The room was small and spartan, but I spend little time in a hotel room. Could maybe use some artwork on the walls, but that's a minor complaint. It was clean and pretty comfortable, for having old-fashioned things like separate hot and cold faucets. The bed and bed linens were amazingly comfortable. Note (because I missed it): There's no in-room coffee, but coffee is available at the breakfast. The location is excellent for walking around town. I enjoyed my time in the lounge, and Cat was a great bartender. (All the staff was very friendly.) If I return to Wellsboro, I will likely stay here again, though I will request a room that doesn't face the front of the building, as the truck traffic was pretty loud.

Room Tip: My first floor room at the front of the building was pretty noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Erin K
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We recently stayed st the "Historic Penn Wells Hotel". The one thing that was accurate about their advertising that was true it is a very old building. Our room had a window unit air conditioner with cardboard on either side to make it fit the window and white tape around that and it was so horribly loud. The pool is NOT at the penn wells hotel you need to walk down the street to another hotel and show your room key. If you want non smoking they don't let you smoke cigarettes but the entire building smells like a fireplace so if you have a smoke adversion you will not be happy. The staff are not rude but definitely not friendly. We booked on Expedia and had a non refundable room or we would have moved. I just felt very mislead by their advertising.

Room Tip: Be sure you want "historic" because that's what you'll get!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to Wellsboro and we are so happy we chose this hotel! Check in was quick and no issues- room was quaint and clean the a/c was excellent. Though we didn't spend a lot of time in the room everything was great. We enjoyed the Sunday brunch all the staff was exceptional and everything was delicious. We will definitely be back again

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple