“We enjoyed ourselves”

Black Powder Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Powder Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 119 Restaurants in Wayne
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: W Swedesford Rd
Description: Located just outside Valley Forge National Historical Park, Black Powder Tavern combines local flavors with American history in a pub-like setting. Warm woods and just-dim-enough lighting add to the tavern feel, enhanced by a reclaimed sawn oak bar. Weeknights feature happy hour from 5-7PM, with a reprise happy hour on Thursday - Saturday from 9-10PM. Brunch is offered Sundays from 10:30AM-2PM, and the big game is always on. Beer enthusiasts take note: there are 24 brews on tap and 39 bottles. The selection is tweaked regularly, so if you’re looking for something new and special (or old and admired), this is the place to come. The menu features a variety of small and entree-sized plates, and highlights the flavors, ingredients and culinary trends Philadelphia has become known for—and that pair well with our extensive craft beer offerings. Whether you stop in for lunch, dinner, happy hour or Sunday brunch, there’s something to satisfy your hunger, and your taste buds.
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Very extensive menu, we were all very happy with our entrees. Tortellini Bolognese was excellent, as was the fish and chips. Very pleasant server. Historic building.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Close to Valley Forge and highway. Waiter suggested George may have frequented as a guest. Good beer and burgers, friendly staff. Good choice for dinner or lunch. Feels very welcoming.

1  Thank Mantalope
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Something good happened when we got lost using our GPS. We found the Black Powder Tavern. It wasn't busy on the Sunday afternoon we came but that worked in our favor. The staff was very welcoming and our waitress went out of her way to get us back on track and unlost for after our lunch. The food was great. It is comfort food and still extremely tasty as well. I had the soup of the day. It was carrot ginger and it was the best version I have had with a smooth flavor and little crisp bites of vegetables. I wished I had order more. My husband had the burger and it was cooked to his taste and full of that fresh burger taste that makes you sigh just a little. I loved his fries as well. I also had the Irish nachos which were well cooked but I wished for a little more topping than just cheese. Perhaps some tomatoes or olives would have made it more rounded. Still I would highly recommend stopping here, find it intentionally because it is delicious.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Four of us were here recently and had nice meals. There is a reasonable selection of beers and wines which should suit most people, and the menu was varied, with fish, fowl, and red meats.The calamari appetizer was very good, as was the Caesar salad. The seafood tortellini was excellent, but the fish and chips was not as crispy as it should have been. It's a little noisy when crowded, but not as bad as other places. I'd return when in the area.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

During a recent business lunch, I got the chance to try the food at Black Powder Tavern. Decided for the Chicken Pot Pie – which was delicious! The crust was fluffy – the chicken and veggie pieces were hot. Service was quick and friendly. I’ll be back to try other items on the menu.