“Good hotel choice on Main Line”
Review of Wayne Hotel

Wayne Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Wayne
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Pros: Good small hotel; excellent service; good location; very close (but not too close) to commuter line; shops and restaurants at hand; very good (but pricey) hotel restaurant with attractive; outdoor seating; and you can sit there for free
Cons: Old hotel noises at night; ask for room away from noisy elevator; either heat or ac but not both so difficult to get temp right on unusually warm March trip

Room Tip: Ask for room away from noisy elevator
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 March 2012

My second time here. I love the charm of this old hotel. My room, 202, had a really nice bay window facing the front of the building, Everything about the room was perfect. Comfortable bed, clean updated bathroom, old fashioned ceiling fan. Reminds me go grandmas house, but in a good way. The GM offered me free bottled water and candy. I'm a little uneasy about old fashioned key locks instead of key cards but this place seemed very safe and it's right in the heart of Wayne. Free, easy access parking. I'm here at an awkward time of year climatically because it's unusually warm during the day but still chilly at night. The vintage systems in this historic hotel can't accommodate heat and AC in the building simultaneously so I opened the windows but it was just fine. The wireless Internet is a little evasive too but just be persistent with it. Great onsite restaurant. I just wish they would add eggs and bacon to their morning breakfast. That would make the place perfect. I will continue to come back.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The Wayne hotel is a lovely old building that has been neatly renervated on the lobby, bar and dining area. I visited when the march sun was out in style and the porch area at the front is a great place to sit an watch the world go by. It is well located for the better bars and restaurants in Wayne and well worth a visit.

The highlight was the service. The staff were very friendly and attentive and special mention must go to Tom at front of house, who made me feel like a long lost friend coming home. Great jobs guys - looking forward to my next visit already!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Recently we spent our third visit at the Wayne Hotel. The place itself is a real flashback to the days when the Main Line really was the Main Line. At the same time the area within easy walking distance - especially a range of great restaurants, is very today.

Each time we've been there the guy behind the check in desk Tom has made all the difference. His personality made us feel like family and he was right on the money when suggesting places for us to eat.

The train (SEPTA) station is around the corner making it a straight shot from NYC too.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The room was small...no tissues, just foam cups...stains on the rug. The service at the bar was slow and inexperienced. While the brunch tasted good - the service was terrible and it took 20 minutes to even pay the final bill. The waitress even spilled an entire drink on the family sitting next to us! Check-in was fine but after we checked out, the hotel staff mixed up items left behind in the room and sent home to us while they belonged to another family - needless to say - we footed the bill and it is a struggle to get any reimbursement for their mistakes! While the atmosphere of the hotel and restaurant is pleasing to the eyes...it is unfortunately managed very poorly with not much accountability for their actions and lack of quality customer service.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KFreedman1
David B, General Manager at Wayne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

In an unfortunate series of circumstances, a lost & found item was shipped to this guest after she misidentified it as hers. Once the error was realized we contacted the guest and assured her of reimbursement for returning the item. The guest returned the item and was reimbursed on the same day the item was received.

As General Manager, I am fully accountable to our guests and strive at all times to exceed their expectations for quality accommodations, professional service and genuine hospitality. I was very cordial in my direct interaction with this guest. At no time during her stay or our conversation did she express any dissatisfaction with her accommodations or service. After reading this guest’s comment about stains on the bedroom carpet I examined the room and found this statement to be false.

While we thank this guest for her constructive and positive comments regarding check-in, great-tasting brunch and our pleasing atmosphere, I would maintain that this guests 2 star rating is unreasonable and without merit.
David Brennan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wayne
1.7 km away
Philadelphia Marriott West
#1 of 1 in West Conshohocken
5.4 km away
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of Prussia
Hyatt House Philadelphia/King of...
#1 of 16 in King of Prussia

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Wayne

Been to Wayne Hotel? Share your experiences!