1,016 results
All reviewsevening receptionmade to order omeletshockey tournamentking of prussia mallomelet stationcomplimentary breakfastnice hotelbusiness tripcommon areaspool and hot tubgreat roomnice staycraigphiladelphiahighwaysofa
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This hotel is terribly outdated, showing a lot of wear, and in need of a serious deep clean. From the dirty elevators filled with fingerprints and smudges, to the strange atrium outdated feel, and the rooms filled with old furniture and lots of nicks, dirty corners, and even a hole in the bathroom ceiling. The mirror in the bathroom had all sorts of dirt on the frame. This place did not live up to the 4 star reviews by any stretch of the imagination. The service was seriously lacking, including on our second day, we didn't get any maid service to clean up our room. We then requested our room be cleaned at 4pm on our way out for the evening, only to return at 9pm to find that our room STILL had not been cleaned! At that point, I was just mad and everything started to bother me even more. Including the phone and tv that didn't work in our suite, the trays of room service that had been sitting out in the hall for 8 or more hours, the eggs spilled on the floor at the breakfast that no one cleaned up, the chlorine smell in the lobby... and the list goes on and on. Not worth staying here at all!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SunLizard07
Reviewed 1 April 2018

My wife, two children, and I stayed here for two nights. Upon arriving at the location, we were given a room that smelled strongly of smoke although we had booked a non-smoking room. After telling a staff member at the front desk, we were kindly given another room. The new room was very nice and perfect for our young family.

This location not only has a nice pool and jacuzzi but also the complimentary breakfast in the morning was by far, the nicest breakfast that we have ever enjoyed at hotels that provide complimentary breakfasts. The staff who were working in the breakfast area were very kind and polite.

We will definitely visit this location again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank joeluethy
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I've stayed at this hotel a few times. The first couple times were very lackluster. The hotel rooms could use a renovation. Everything looks like... well... an old Embassy Suites property. I'm usually very loyal to this brand, but this property is on the older end of the range.

The first time I stayed, I took a shower and the shower steam set off the smoke alarm.

Stock up on food before you get there. There are no food options or stores within walking distance so you are kind of stuck if you don't have a rental car. There is a teeny tiny snack/gift shop (think a small room with a random selection of snacks strewn about, and the front desk attendant double staffing the shop and the front desk), with some generic products that you can't find anywhere else. There is a sparsely used bar/restaurant, but I've never tried it. The evening managers reception is also pretty thin in terms of selection. There were some cookies and a bowl of tortilla chips when I got there.

The most recent time, I had booked a non-smoking room (because I didn't even know that smoking rooms still existed) through my corporate travel agency, and the check in staff gave me a smoking room, insisted that I had reserved a smoking room. They said that nothing else was available, so I had to find a new hotel at the last minute.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for non-smoking
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2018

I want to like this place, but I just can't. While the basic Embassy Suites amenities are there (large room, hot breakfast, decent fitness area), the simple things are not executed well.
My room was literally falling apart. The heater unit was vibrating against itself as the front panel was about to fall off. I had to stick tissues along the seams to stop the rattling. The ceiling was collapsing (see picture). The furniture was dated, the tub needed to be caulked, etc., etc. The grossest things were the dead flies. See pictures- nasty.
The breakfast was OK- but even the simple Embassy basics were executed poorly. the cereal was generic instead of the name brands (I'm a fruit loops connoisseur- you aren't going to sneak 'frosted oh's' past me), the eggs were dry, even the pastries looked old and unappetizing.
Fitness was rough too. The treadmill on the right is broken (no incline) and the wipes were empty. That's always disturbing- having no idea when they were cleaned last.
I told Jeff at the front desk all of these things as I checked out and he seemed genuinely interested in noting them and following up with his team. However, reading some of these other reviews, I have little faith that the issues will be corrected.
Like I said, I really want to like this place, but it just seems like they've stopped trying.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without a ton of bugs.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2018

The hotel is okay but the overall experience is not worth staying. Some of the staff is good but some are rude. The furniture is a little outdated, and in some cases extremely uncomfortable. There are much better places in the area to stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia-Valley Forge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear K9595KIjoanneh,

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserved during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we didn’t meet your expectations throughout your visit. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience as your satisfaction is very important to us. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will consider staying with us again soon so we may have the opportunity to make it right.