“Good ”

The Washington Brewing Company
Ranked #5 of 187 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

The food here is extremely good. The Reuben is nothing like I have ever had before. My friend got a salad & she said it was very good. We were on our lunch hour so no alcohol was consumed, but it is available.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We had a nice visit to the WBC. It was very slow when we went. We sat at the bar and got a few beer samples and a glass of wine. My wife said the wine was great, but I found the beers lacking a bit. The Lincoln lager had an odd metallic taste and the IPA’s I tried were average at best. That being said, their new brewery setup is really nice and the staff were friendly. Paired with an easy to find location.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Ice and clean. Food very good but ambience very noisy. Serves IPA beers only and local wine. Not a good place if you plan on any type os serious conversation.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 24 November 2017

When a new restaurant opens in your town, even when it’s a collaborative effort backed by an eatery you’ve always enjoyed, there is always a small amount of trepidation associated with your first visit. This can be amplified if your town isn’t a major metropolitan hub of culture and gastro-snobbery.

The Washington Brewing Co. was just such a place for me and while I was visiting after my husband and despite the fact that his initial impressions had been really stellar, I was still skeptical. All incredulousness dissolved, though, with the first bite. The food was exceptional, the service friendly, and the drinks delish! We shared the Roasted Roma salad as an appetizer which was flavorful and fresh. Then I had the Ale Onion Burger which was cooked perfectly and was by far one of the most delicious burgers I’ve ever eaten. We finished our meal with a glass of their double IPA which, while I don’t consider myself a beer connoisseur, was excellent as well as a mixed drink which was exceptional.

I should note that while it was busy, it wasn’t packed during our visit and my husband mentioned that when he had previously visited, the open layout had been a challenge since the place had been packed and the resulting noise was somewhat deafening. We both agreed that we liked the open feel, but perhaps some noise breaks wouldn’t be a bad idea.

So for those of you who live in Washington and perhaps share my initial dubiousness of new places in our town or for those of you who might have reason to visit “Little Washington”, please, take my advice and give the WBC a try! I’m sure you’ll be as pleasantly surprised as I was.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to this new craft brewery in the historic downtown area of Washington PA. Beer flight that we had was good; and we shared a nice gourmet pizza, although several other items on menu looked good as well. Atmosphere was a little loud but fun and friendly for us visitors from out of town.

Date of visit: November 2017