“Wonderful food and brew”

The Washington Brewing Company
Ranked #5 of 171 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

After being cheerily greeted at the front door, we were led through the large, open and sparse dining room. All thought obviously is on the food and drink here. We started with the brew list that contained several ales and a few lagers and such. All were lower ABVs but very good. I had the red IPA and enjoyed its hoppy bite. The rest of the drink menu contained a few local wines and a few mixed drinks. This is definitely a place for beer.

Onto dinner, my husband had the primavera pizza. As much as he tried, he couldn’t finish it. The smokiness from the brick oven was a pleasant surprise. I had the pappardell. The homemade pasta was mixed with spinach, wild mushrooms, extremely tender rib eye and Gorgonzola in a buttery sauce. A special shout out to the side salad. Wow! So many flavors mixed in a bowl for an extra $1.50. Make sure to add this to your entree to ensure not missing it. And of course a LOUD shout out to the chef for his varied, full and homemade menu. Every meal that passed by looked better than the last. We will be sure to order the fried zucchini on our next visit. Western Pennsylvania fried zucchini is one of a kind and Washington brewing company’s looked like one of the best I’ve seen in a long time.

What a surprise to find this special little restaurant just off the interstate. We will DEFINITELY be back on our next trip on I-70 through Pennsylvania.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Went to dinner with friends. The room is open and somewhat stark. One concern that my friends and family voiced was the level of noise. Could hardly hear to have a conversation. This is a new place so perhaps this may been rectified at a later date. The food was wonderful. Waitress was very attentive. They have a nice selection of locally drafted beers.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a couple beers and some tasty dinner with friends. My friends are vegetarian and sometimes find it difficult inWashington to find good veg food, but we all enjoyed our meals. The salads were tasty and my pasta dish was delicious.
Definitely heading back next time I am in town.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Went to the WBC with family. I’m a non alcohol drinker so I was pleased to find that the food was good. The place is loud, most complaints on other review sites say this so I hope the owners take it to heart and fix it. I know they have tried but they really need major sound buffers.
I’m not trying to pick the place apart but the tables are too small for more than 2 people, their food and drinks. No WIFI got customers. Food is good, parking is good, service is good. Just a couple more changes and they will have it!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited the brewery for "date night". The space is very open and "industrial" which is common for breweries. We were seated immediately on a Friday night (I think we got lucky and got a very recently vacated table, as the place was full). We ordered the Lincoln Lager and a new edition, an oatmeal stout. Both were great! The stout was mine and it went down very easily, lol. My husband liked the Lager then tried the pale ale which he liked even more. We ordered the mussels as an appetizer and I'm now obsessed! The beer broth was phenomenal!! We HAD to decline the second bread basket or else we wouldn't have been able to eat our meal. But dipping the (softest) bread in the broth was heaven(not to mention the mussels themselves and the beans and greens in the broth). I had a house salad which went beyond your average house salad-greens, carrots, tomatoes, red onion, fresh mozzarella, kalamata olives and croutons. Plus, for the win-banana pepper rings! Then-onto the pizza-we ordered the Capriccisio ( spelling is probably way off)-it was phenomenal!! Spicy and super flavorful. We also ordered a primavera so we could try 2 and take leftovers home, however, we just took the whole thing home instead. We were stuffed. I had to try the berry mousse in the chocolate tart, because, why not? It was light and refreshing. Totally doable after the carb loading that had just taken place. One of the standouts though wasn't even part of the meal-our server Amber! She rocked it out! Attentive, sweet and personable. She definitely made an already awesome meal even better! So yeah-for sure check out the Washington Brewing Company. I'm thinking you're gonna love it! It was a good time.