“Better than average”
Review of Variety Buffet

Variety Buffet
Ranked #14 of 49 Restaurants in Warren
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped in early Sunday afternoon so everything was fresh. Can’t say anything about the hibachi since i didn’t partake. The choices were a “little” better than most Chinese buffets. The place clean and the waitress timely. I must say I was impressed for being in bfe Warren. I will return.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

What was once a clean, well maintained establishment has obviously gone down-hill. This restaurant was once well known for fresh buffet food and a fun entertaining hibachi grill. Last night's experience, Thursday 9/7/17, was a shock. The food (a large variety, from "american" ham and twice baked potatoes to sushi) was for the most part tasteless, greasy and obviously old. Cooked fish sitting under a skinned over oil, lo-mein that was dark in color and absolutely greasy and flavorless. The young Spanish speaking man at the hibachi grill (who was leaning into the raw food talking on his cell phone when I arrived at the grill) was so disinterested in cooking, that the food I had chosen was literally thrown onto the grill - including the raw egg in it's shell - the egg was then picked back up and smashed onto the grill and the shell scooped up. Leaving my food on the grill, the young man then went back to to the other side of the station to resume texting on his phone. Needless to say, the food was burnt by the time it was given back to me. At almost $12.00 a plate plus beverage, I can honestly say the food and the experience was not worth the price. This customer will not be returning any time in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

The food is good. It is usually hot, and the staff does a better than average job of making sure that things are kept full. They are always making sure to take your used plates away.

1  Thank Willowkara
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

We live in Fl., but we were at a wedding in Pa. recenty, we stopped in at Variety Buffet and it was amazing. We have Chinese buffet's in Fl., but nothing like this. If you have never been, I highly recommend it...

Reviewed 11 September 2016

We chose this place as it was close to the hotel we were staying at. As per other reviews there is lots of food choices here but it is very bland; probably because it has been simmering in the pans all day.
For instance, the ham didn't have any taste and was very rubbery. The Kung Pao chicken was mostly gristle and had no heat at all. You can't go wrong with pizza right - wrong. It was tasteless.
We thought the desserts might be different but we were wrong - the coconut macaroons had no coconut at all.
However, the lettuce and cottage cheese were good.
Next time we are in Warren we will make a different choice for dinner.

Been to Variety Buffet? Share your experiences!