“Great staff”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #13 of 49 Restaurants in Warren
Description: The season that's full of color is also full of flavor. Taste the sweet goodness of Perkins' Spiced Pear & Cranberry Waffle Platter, our scratch-made Belgian Waffle topped with spiced poached pears and tangy cranberries. Or try our new Pumpkin Spice Pancake Platter. Three made-from-scratch buttermilk pancakes with real pumpkin and cinnamon finished with whipped topping. A tasty fall awaits you at Perkins® -but only for a limited time. Perkins® Kindness Served Daily.
Reviewed 21 October 2017

25 of us showed up to eat around 8 pm without reservations. The staff was very courteous and had us all seated together quickly. The food and service was good.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

The staff at Perkins accommodated our every request when we met friends there recently. We occupied a table for nearly three hours. We drank mostly coffee, iced tea, and ate muffins until our friends left and we had lunch. My companion ordered iced coffee. Their version turned out to be sweetened. So companion asked our server to take it back and to bring regular coffee with a large glass of ice, which our server was more than happy to do. When companion offered to pay for the iced coffee she declined, our server told us that would not be necessary.

My companion then had a two-egg bacon and Swiss omelet, with bacon on top, with toast. She really liked the small portion size; it was not too much or too filling. She did not order the pancakes because, unfortunately, this Perkins does not offer real maple syrup.

I chose the 55 Plus turkey dinner with a double order of grilled asparagus. The meal was bountiful and well-presented. The asparagus, however, was quite tough. I had to cut it with a steak knife. I did not mind this, but if you have less than perfect teeth, you might find this vegetable difficult to chew. Ditto the turkey. It was tasty, but a bit leathery. This was a healthful meal and a good portion, but I must admit I am spoiled by the farm to table versions of this meal where the asparagus and turkey are both tender.

Apparently, the best items on a Perkins menu are the breakfasts and the bakery products. The lunches and dinners, not so much. The people on staff are tops. And it looks as if the kitchen help, given what they have to work with, do their best to present a good plate.

3  Thank StarWeez
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Wife and I went for breakfast, 20% off for senior day! Wife got potato pancakes and they were delicious! I got a a combo breakfast with sausage gravy and was in a delightful food coma, yummy! Good coffee, excellent service, reasonable prices, I'll go again!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

This is so conveniently located for travelers staying at the Day's Inn--right across the street, you can walk to it. The food was good, the prices were reasonable, and the server (an older woman--much appreciated) kept coming back, picking up plates, etc.
Normally we don't order dessert, but there was a special going on, and we got pieces of pie for about $1.00 or so. We were there around 6 pm, and they weren't too busy, so we didn't have to spend a lot of time here.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Being from New York we ordered that nachos and they were nothing as described on the menu or at all what we had expected. The menu mentioned there being beans, corn, cheese, sour cream and none of this was on the plate. I had to ask for it and another item mentioned in the description, they were out of all together. I will say the manager was excellent and tried to redo the plate. The waitress seemed a little put off by my asking for the plate to be corrected. Overall we were disappointed because it was not what we remember from Perkins of years ago.... they used to have the best crapes! But even the pancakes were disappointing because they were the smallest I've ever seen in a long time. Just disappointing but certainly edible. I would recommend you go to a local diner instead. Sorry Perkins, just being honest for the next person.

Been to Perkins Restaurant & Bakery? Share your experiences!