“Return visit”

Ranked #2 of 134 Restaurants in Stroudsburg
Price range: USD 8 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Description: North 9th Street Restaurant offers lunch, dinner, pizza, and dessert. Everything is homemade and we use the finest ingredients. Our goal is to provide our customers a good experience each and every time! From pizza and sandwiches to wraps and salads, we have something to satisfy every appetite! Best of all we only buy local produce and foods to ensure its freshness. We make most of our sauces, pastries, desserts, entrees, and special foods from scratch.
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Great food and service.Menu ranges from pizza and italian dishes to full dinners at nicely set tables (small place, 8 tables)If we lived anywhere near here, would eat here several times a month.
We had dinner here twice when we traveled through 2 years ago, and even though we are only in the area for 1 night, had to visit again.
We were not disappointed. Wonderful food,and pistachio cake and watermelon cake for dessert! This may be my favorite place to eat of all the places that we have been.

2  Thank Shar2161

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Heading through the town of Stroudsburg, we happened upon this intriguing little restaurant. We heard that the owners pride themselves on cooking from scratch with fresh local ingredients. Nothing fancy to attract us there and we nearly missed it. No cars in the parking lot gave us caution to enter. Yet, a sparrow's nest of moss, hanging in the point of the roof of the entrance made me feel as if I was at a chalet in a far away land.

Our plan was that we would go check out the menu and leave if we thought we would not like the restaurant. However, once inside, we were greeted by a young woman (owner) with a big smile and "hello" from the other side of the counter. How could we say no? We felt comfortable as the owner was hospitable toward us. I hope the owners read this review and consider using my suggestions. This place can go places!

The menu selection consisted of mostly Italian-style entrees, unique specials and appetizers, and pizzas. For our appetizers, we chose to share the homemade chicken fingers. They were just crispy enough, not greasy, tasty. We also shared the Tornado and were pleasantly surprised that it was a spiraled potato on a skewer, cooked just right. It had a drizzle of barbecue sauce over it and a side of ranch dressing (I wish this was homemade). It was missing cheddar cheese that was suppose to have been sprinkled on it. Still, the tornado was innovative and tasty.

We decided to split a pizza, having chose the fresh spinach, feta, mozzarella pizza w/o sauce because I cannot eat much garlic. The owner agreed to drizzle olive oil on it for me. The pizza was a decent size and tasty. I would liked to have been able to add fresh olives, mushrooms, tomatoes, basil or even a balsamic reduction would be nice.

Then we were asked if wanted dessert. Because we were full, we did not order dessert. However, I did get a peek of the dessert case which contained pistachio cake. The owner said that she makes the desserts from scratch. That sold me...I ordered a piece of chocolate cake "to go". My mom was a caterer and made everything from scratch too. This was excellent! Not too sugary, not to rich, not too much chocolate, I enjoyed the cake so much that I planned to return to the restaurant the next day so that I can purchase and savor the pistachio cake:)

This place can go to bigger places!

1  Thank ang c
Reviewed 9 May 2017

I had already had dinner, not knowing my daughter wanted to have a family dinner after my grandson graduated from east Stroudsburg university so my wife and I shared a chicken sandwich which was delicious. The homemade was the best bread I've ever had in a sandwich.

1  Thank netcong
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Great food, Salmon was awesome..
Bread to die for!! Don't pass this place by, definitely not a meal to miss...

1  Thank MattW4495
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Came based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and was very impressed!!!The food went above my expectations..Husband and I travel around the world and are very familiar with different cuisines..this is by far the best homemade/fresh food in the area.
We ordered the jeger schnitzels & Meat Stromboli...the sauces were delicious..not salty and not overwhelming on the taste buds..although I wasn't able to try the pistachio cake...I did try the watermelon cake....it was light and fluffy and not too sweet..it was delicious...will Definately be returning to try different items on the menu..the owners were very pleasant and I felt right at home!!!

2  Thank quericoyima