“One of the best italian meals we have had and a must stop”

Momento's Pizza and Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 126 Restaurants in Stroudsburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Near Stroud Mall on Route 611 in Stroudsburg, PA.
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Four different entrees and all were reported excellent. I had the lemon chicken soup and it was the best I have ever had. The linguine with clam sauce was outstanding as well as the service. Wine and craft beer selection were very good. Do not hesitate to stop in you will not regret it. I would highly recommend and would not hesitate to return to this delightful restaurant.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We always see a lot of cars in the parking lot so decided to give it a try. Went inside and it's divided into two sections with a bar separating the areas. One side I would call budget friendly (pizza, calzones, etc) and the other side for dining. We decided to try the dining side and looked at the menu. Prices were inline with other local restaurants, however, did not find anything that appealed to us. We went back to the other side and after a delay got service. We decided to try their sicilian pizza. Half pepperoni and half extra cheese. The pizza came out in less than 10 minutes. Pretty quick for sicilian so I'm guessing the crust is made ahead of time. It seemed that toppings are then added and heated up since it wasn't very hot and had cold spots throughout the crust. By the time the waitress made it back to check, we were done and brought the rest home. In our opinion, we've had better pizza in the area. We normally don't judge a place by the first visit so will try it again. Just won't get the sicilian.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant several times and every time it has met or exceeded my expectations. I'm sure that you will never get a 100% approval rating however most of the negative reviews I read were obviously written by their local competition simply to provoke doubt. I live in both NY and PA and have been to this restaurant about 6 times. The owner came out twice and was a very humble man who takes a lot of pride in his restaurant and food. Rightfully so the food is delicious. I asked about the dipping balsamic vinegar that came with one of the orders, the waitress didn't know and said she would ask, he came out and explained to me that it was aged and that he usually goes to NYC to pick up some of his essential ingredients. I have lived in NY my whole life and more importantly I'm Italian. The quality of this restaurants food is by far superior to anything I have eaten in this area. Manhattan quality! Do yourself a favor don't skip this one if you're in the mood for Italian, all the other place reminded me of frozen food that was microwaved.

2  Thank josephdarrigo01
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We visited Momentos on a weekend vacation in the Poconos with friends. The food and service were both excellent. Chef Nicola came around to all the tables and spent some time with us. He invited us into the kitchen to see the home pasta being made! Can't say enough good things about the great experience!

1  Thank Chet Z
Reviewed 22 June 2017

My Favorite Italian Restaurant. Hubby usually has the specials I stick to pasta dishes. Great service and atmosphere.