“Great Experience ”

Momento's Pizzaria and Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 130 Restaurants in Stroudsburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Momento Pizza is located on North 9th Street in Stroudsburg, PA and offers the finest Italian Cuisine the Poconos has to offer. Stop in today to try one of the many fine dishes we have to offer. Our dining room is available for Private Parties during the daytime, advanced reservations are required for parties. In addition to our full bar, we offer a hand picked selection of fine reserve wines for you to choose from. Our staff would be happy to suggest a wine pairing to compliment your meal. We Can Make Anything You Like, just ask! We will gladly make any dish you request.
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We visited Momentos on a weekend vacation in the Poconos with friends. The food and service were both excellent. Chef Nicola came around to all the tables and spent some time with us. He invited us into the kitchen to see the home pasta being made! Can't say enough good things about the great experience!

1  Thank Chet Z

Reviewed 22 June 2017

My Favorite Italian Restaurant. Hubby usually has the specials I stick to pasta dishes. Great service and atmosphere.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We are new to this area from NYC where restaurants are plenty, so now finding a good restaurant that we can spend our money. We have visited this restaurant twice now and have very mixed reviews. They have two sides of the restaurant so, something for everyone, casual dining and more full service or upscale. Our first visit we sat on the more upscale side to get some quiet conversation and enjoy a nice meal. The second time was today and we were coming home from a 12 hour day of travel and wanted some good hot food and decided to order take out.

First visit was a good experience. Place is clean, staff was nice and the food was good. We had a good meal and thought, great, we have found our spot to call home. Given this experience, we decided to try the take out and have to say, this experience fell short.

The second visit, we called 30 minutes before arriving home and ordered a steak sandwich and baked Ziti. Being tired from travel we were so looking forward to trying more of the good food we had in the first visit. We were told 20 minutes it would be ready. We arrived 25 minutes after that call in order to learn that the order they took was only the sandwich and they did not have the Ziti on the order. Asking how long it would take we were told it would be a while as they were busy. Well, upon review the restaurant was less than 1/2 full and employees in front were standing around. Okay, so my wife is now without a meal as she is vegetarian and cannot eat the steak sandwich. Being tired and not wanting to wait for an indefinite time, I decided to just pay for the sandwich and leave and we would figure out what we would get my wife. After paying the young lady stated she was going to get my sandwich. After a few minutes she returned and was at the register with no sandwich and said nothing to me. After a few more minutes I asked where my sandwich was and she pointed to the oven as it was in. This was now 33 minutes after I placed the order, which I shared with her to be told "sorry'. So, now not only am I not getting what I ordered, I am waiting on the one thing they did get as my order. As I am about to ask for my money back, I was handed my order and told to have a great day, which at this point is topped off with a bad experience.

Having owned and operated restaurants for many years, let me tell you hope this should have been handled. The important part here is not that they messed up the order, it's how they handled it. A person is hungry and did not get a meal, now has to figure out something else, so sorry and have a great day don't get it done. This restaurant also delivers, so here is what they should have done.

"We are so sorry for the mistake, we are placing the order in right away and we will take you address down and deliver it to you the minute it is done!" That's right, we didn't want a free meal, we wanted to eat and that offer would have made me a loyal fan forever! These moments are call "Moments of Truth" and they make all the difference. Today's insides will tell you it's about the experience!

So, as we stated, we are on the fence as to will we ever return or not, but in fairness here are the good and bad.

Good... the food we have had to date has been very good. Great flavor and many choices on the menu. The pricing is reasonable and good value for the quality.

Bad... the service the first trip was okay and friendly but not over the top at all. The second trip it was not good at all as many were standing around, I was clearly not happy and nobody seemed to care or offer a solution, the issue was just mine.

So, as the title states, they are halfway there. Good food and okay service with not problem solving for the customers. Many more in the area to try before I donate any more money here.

1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Loved this place. Atmosphere was great. Food was awesome. Best homemade bread i have every had. Our service was quick and friendly.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Their pizza is really good. They have not failed us yet. There are many pizzeria around but so far this is the best one. You can dine in or take out. Memento’s also have full Italian menu. We have only had the pizza. I will update review once we try the sit down diner.