USD 82
USD 63
Carriage House Motor Inn(Strasburg)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
USD 98
Hotels.com
USD 115
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 132/night.

USD 138
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 118
USD 109
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 133/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 139
USD 135
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 65
All reviewswhite housemilk the cowswagon ridethe main housethe barneggsbottle feedingbaby calveschicken coopbunk bedslots of funmorning choresyear old daughterother guestsbeef sausagetour guidegoat
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

My wife visited Verdant View 30 years ago, and so we returned with my 6 year old son. The room was quaint and well provided, the farm chores were lots of fun (my son enjoyed feeding all the animals), and breakfast was excellent. Highly recommended!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Recently went on the farm tour with our family. The kids had so much fun. They loved feeding the calves, feeding the goats, milking the cows, and searching for eggs in the chicken coop. The people who ran the tour were soooo friendly. Great guys! My only complaint was our tour group seemed kind of large...approx 15-20 people. When there are only 3 calves to feed, it makes it hard for everyone to get a turn. And there was a very aggressive/assertive young boy/family on our tour. I understand that they can't control the personality of their guests, but this young boy dominated the tour. Having to be the 1st to do everyhing and then taking 10 times longer than he should. It would have been annoying with any group size, but even worse because the group was so large. But overall a good experience.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We (family of 2 adults, 2 kids) stayed here for a weekend and enjoyed the stay a lot. It's a heartily warm atmosphere of the owner family and staff. Kids and us enjoyed the morning chores, feeding animals and playing with the cats and the dog Scoopy. Very much so.
Breakfast in a bigger group on Saturday was great too and going to a breakfast restaurant on Sunday with the voucher provided worked also perfectly for us.
Elisa from the farm is very good with kids and our little daughter Emma (4) loved helping her whether it was painting a door or feeding the chicken.
This is not a place for being entertained and whoever seeks a Universal Studio place is probably better off in a different place. If you'd like to see farm life and get an understanding of the ecosystem of a farm - this is your place!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2017

This looked promising but promising quickly faded to boredom. We thought we were going to get a nice wagon ride but that turned out to only be a few hundred yards where we stopped and got a lecture on grasses and storage of grain by a very knowledgeable young farm hand. But we just sat in an open area between corn fields and talked about grasses and how they no longer are a dairy farm. 2 small chicken coops....1 fenced off area with some goats...the kids loved it but goats are all around Lancaster and are usually presented much better with ramps and such....a very poor pig pen....really just a small wedge in the run down barn....the tour guide said "she hated pigs and would be glad when they leave on Oct 21" est....and a few Holstein cows....Kids got a big kick out of bottle feeding some calves......I would not nor could not recommend this farm tour despite the genuine well meaning staff.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I'm not quite sure why I chose to stay at the Verdant View Farm. I wish I had read the reviews with a little more scrutiny before I booked it. As an adult traveling alone and needing some time for peace and reflection, I thought a weekend on a farm in Amish country would provide for the needed solace. How wrong I was!

The farm was swarming with kids, mostly young kids, whose parents were intent on providing their children with a "farm experience." That is not necessarily a bad thing. The kids did what kids do best: yelling, screaming, crying and acting rambunctious. Please don't get me wrong... I don't dislike children. I am a teacher who has raised three rambunctious boys, who would have fit in perfectly, and I think I have a good understanding of, and tolerance for, the way children operate. Unfortunately, my present needs are totally different than those of the usual clientele at Verdant View Farm, and when one is paying hard-earned cash for the experience, one's perspective changes.

In spite of this, there is much to like at the farm. The early morning farm activities were loads of fun. I got to walk a goat out to the pasture on a leash, something my Labrador Retriever prepared me for! One is never too old to do something new! The barn cats were all over and were extremely friendly. The pigs smell, because, well, they are pigs!

The farm-style breakfast was hearty and delicious, and the people, both clientele and employees/managers were very friendly. It was a pleasure meeting new people in a casual setting.

Breakfast is not included on Sunday. We were given vouchers for a local restaurant. That was fine, although I wish I had known in advance. I would have preferred to eat at the farm if given a choice.

The room was functional. I did not expect a resort, because, after all, this is a working farm. Before I arrived, I didn't have the understanding. that the bathroom is shared by four rooms, each room hosting up to four people. Being afraid that I wouldn't be able to get a shower, I got up at 5:30AM to take one. Room one needs a reading lamp. The overhead light was the only working one and it was blaring. There is no functional wifi, but I was able to stay connected with my phone. The window air conditioner cooled the room down satisfactorily. The bed was mid-way between comfortable and uncomfortable. I've slept in way worse, but it is doesn't approach my memory foam bed at home. There is a great view of the farm and the train that runs through it out of the window of room one, and the rear-view cuts down on the traffic noise of busy Strasburg Road, which some of the rooms face.

My suggestions for improving the experience at Verdant View Far would be as follows: Please make it clear that there is no farm style breakfast on Sundays... Please also make it clear how many people could potentially be sharing the bathroom in the farmhouse... Put a reading lamp in Room 1. Most important, market this property exclusively to families and people with young children or grandchildren. Don't bother marketing to adults, because they may be disappointed. Sorry if that sounds mean... it's not meant to be... just realistic.

Room Tip: Rear-facing rooms are the quietest in regard to street noise. Be prepared to share the single bathroom with a lot of people.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo