“Best food on our vacation!”
Review of Isaac's Restaurant

Isaac's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Strasburg
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Isaacs Restaurant would not be a place I'd stop to eat at except it came highly recommended and I am glad it was. This was the best place we ate at on our entire vacation. The restaurant seemed small but, workable. We were seated promptly and offered drinks. While you were waiting you are served homemade pickles and carrots. They were very good. We ordered a turkey club sandwich and it was perfection. The sandwich came with homemade sweet potato, regular, and beet chips. I couldn't get enough beet chips and I dislike beets. Would recommend to anyone who likes a hearty sandwich.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Their unique sandwiches and sides are very good, though a bit underseasoned IMHO (adding extra salt & pepper helped), and their main dinning area is pretty neat/cool because it very much resembles a train car, perfectly jiving with the Choo Choo Barn located on the same property and jujst a few hundred feet/yards from the Strasburg Railroad/Museum! We had a good and reasonably priced Father's Day meal there when the local Fine Tavern had over an hour's wait and we have a 3 year toddler to think about and cater to. But, I do wish I could have had a beer with my sandwich.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Having eaten at an Issac's many times over the years, I have to say that my Goonie Bird sandwich did not disappoint. However, their web site advertises corn soup and when we were seated, we were given a "side" menu advertising a meal special and the corn soup. So after reviewing the menu, I decided on a half sandwich and the corn soup (featured soup). The waitress told me "we are out of soup ". What! How can a restaurant who advertises this particular soup be out of it at 11:30 a.m.? Disappointing. She should have told us as soon as we were seated. Another couple came in and sat behind us about 120 minutes later and when she came back to take their order, he ordered the corn soup too and was told they were out! He then had to take time to rethink what he wanted to order. So, be sure you ask what soup is available as soon as you are seated, especially if Courtney is your waitress

Reviewed 30 May 2017

It looks modern but it's old world service that puts a grin on your chin even before you bit the tasty sandwiches. With creative names for all the different variations, you just want to try more than one. Soups were a wonderful addition to the sandwich meal.

It's walking distance from the Strasburg Railroad and Railroad Museum or you can drive and hope for a parking space at this popular soup and sandwich stop.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

I worked in this area and stopped here once a week for lunch or dinner for over a year. I never got tired of it, because the menu is so varied--great array of sandwiches, soups, wraps, and flatbreads. Isaacs is notorious for treating its employees well, and it shows; the servers are consistently attentive and friendly. A great place to eat.