All reviews nittany mall best westerns penn state waffles pool and hot tub university park visiting the area quiet area refrigerator and microwave room key breakfast was excellent room was large room was very clean and comfortable the breakfast area nice hotel stay there again up to date
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I haven't stayed in a Best Western for years because they did not really meet my standards. But I found this location in a coupon book at the Welcome Center, and when I saw the list of amenities, I decided to give it a try. The breakfast was fantastic; so was the indoor swimming pool (very warm) and the hot tub. The bedding was very nice, and the room amenities (sofa, desk, fridge, microwave) were a nice addition to the room. I would recommend this facility.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Vicky B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed our amenities such as our complimentary breakfast and our indoor pool and hot tub. We hope to see you again soon. Happy Travels!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

My kids had off school for a few days so we decided to stay here one night to use the pool and hang out. The room (queen suite) had plenty of space for our family of 5. The room and bathroom was very clean. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. The fitness center was well equipped. Every staff member we encountered was friendly. The breakfast staff had smiles on their face and a good morning! for everyone. The breakfast offerings were just ok. Eggs, sausage and potatoes. There are make your own waffles (always a hit with my kids). We didn't try the pancakes but there was fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt and breads. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Vicky B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear you kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub. We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay overall. We welcome any further feedback in regards to breakfast if there are specific changes you would like to see. We hope to see you again in the future. Happy Travels!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I have been coming here for about four years, as I have children at Penn State. Having achieved Best Western's highest rewards level, Diamond Select, I have used my points for stays here. The last five visits have not been so great.
Firstly, the points system seems messed up. It usually costs about 30,00 points per night for a football weekend (2 night minimum). But upon looking to book a regular Sunday night, it was 39,000 points. This is outrageous for a $100 per night rate. Even though I have the points for a free night, I would rather spend money to stay somewhere else rather than use this many points. Also, upon checking in, there is no special welcome for being a rewards member (no "thank you" or any type of recognition at all. We came to check in and were thirsty, and were charged $2 per bottle of water at the front desk. Other chains would give rewards members or other guests them to you for free, or have water available with the coffee in the lounge. I always request an upper floor when I reserve a room, and have not received this request once in the past two years. I was up all night by someone walking around nonstop in the room above me from midnight until 6am.
The rooms are getting old. The carpets are stained and the wallpaper is peeling off the walls in the bathrooms. Mildew stains on the walls in the bath as well. The air conditioning is very loud. Light fixtures often do not work.
Maid service is usually good however, as my bedding always seems to smell and appear clean.
I like the coffee they have available for guests, but I do not eat the breakfast anymore because I prefer to go to the Waffle Shop instead.
There are better hotels available in State College, but I will continue to come here to use my points if the points value is realistic.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. Our sincerest apologies that you were not recognized as a Diamond Select Member. We always try to give our Diamond Select members a room upgrade, as well as offer an option of drinks and snacks from the market place, or extra bonus points upon arrival. I sincerely apologize that this did not happen and I am arranging a meeting with all the desk staff to address how we should properly greet and treat our valued members. Our points redemption, unfortunately is not controlled at property level so unfortunately depending on the events we had last year in October, it affected how many points would be needed for the whole month of October this year. We hope they will consider making changes to how this is done in the future, hopefully a day to day redemption amount based on our daily rate in the future. As far as location of your room we would be happy to try to accommodate requests at check in depending on what rooms we have available, we do apologize that you had difficulties sleeping due to noisy guests above you. As far as maintenance we have been working on having our carpets cleaned, repainting and fixing wallpaper, we just replaced all of our tvs, and our wifi, as well as some of our in room lamps. We do hope you will consider giving us another try in the future, and we would welcome any further feedback in regards to breakfast so that we may improve it moving forward for all of our guest. We certainly value your feedback and business, as well as loyalty to our brand and we will use the information you provided to better our day to day operations.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Overall, very good. Liked beds and room was clean and everything operated well in room. Only criticism was that the eggs, ham potatoes were cold at breakfast. Coffee was good. Upon check in, the person at desk was very personable and offered a choice of rooms based on floor and quietness. We were pleased we could get a top floor with a quiet room.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Vicky B, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus University Park Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. We are so glad to see you had a nice stay. Our apologies in regards to breakfast, i'll be sure to mention it to the staff so that we make sure the chafers are being closed promptly and breakfast is being adequately stocked with hot food throughout our breakfast hours. We are thrilled to see you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

The staff was really on top of things. Very clean and sharp property overall. Great experience. Asked for local restaurant recommendation and got one. Restaurant was very good. Property appears to be nearly new.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us. We are so glad to see it was a great one and that our staff were able to assist you in finding a nice place to eat locally. We hope to see you again soon in the future.