See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 February 2015

The first time we went the food was good so we went back a second time on Memorial Day last May. Big mistake. They were not prepared for the volume of customers. We could see the cook through the window in the kitchen door holding his head in his hands in frustration because he couldn't keep up. The owner came around and apologized profusely. After a long wait, we finally got our food and it wasn't hot or good. OK, we figured we'd give it one more shot a few weeks ago but again, the food was not good. My husband's roast beef platter looked like it was the portion a toddler would eat and the mashed potatoes were not fresh. I had a burger and asked for medium-well and it was served rare. Sorry, Haag's. You lost us as customers.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2014

We were just there for Thanksgiving since we couldn't visit family this year. Well we were glad we did. The food is still delicious, the wait staff is pleasant, and it was nice to meet the owner who was in the trenches with his workers on Thanksgiving. He seemed to genuinely care about his workers which means if you have happy workers you happy patrons. The food is delicious period. It's a must go place, don't let the old looks scare you, its well worth the trek.

• Stayed: November 2014
Reviewed 10 November 2014

I've been visiting since I was about 3yrs old, now being 31 this place holds dear memories and it helps that the new owner kept tradition & is so nice. The staff is wonderful and the food is amazing! We go every year and will be back again next year for sure!

• Stayed: November 2014
Reviewed 11 October 2014 via mobile

Very home like feel all the people were very nice the food was great well worth the stop me and my wife`s semi broke down here and we had dinner there two nights in a row the food is real HOME MADE! both times the food was great the service was beyond our expectations.we played pool and hung out for a couple of hrs each time the owner was very personal with the customers he made us feel very welcome and also was a great person if we ever end up back here we wouldnt go any where else. We personally want to thank Ben. He is the owner and made us feel at home. Tyler and Kacie. And again thank u.

• Stayed: October 2014
1  Thank Richard E
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

I used to eat here as a kid, and we recently went back here for a family reunion. I remember loving the food here as a kid, and it was very good as an adult! The family style made sure that I was sufficiently over fed before leaving. Nice family/small town vibe. Worth the trip!

Stayed: August 2014