“A treat in my backyard”

Fasageo's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Sellersville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Went looking on the T.A. website and found this family owned Italian restaurant just a couple of miles from my home. Went in early on at Wednesday evening. The service was great and so was the food! Charming ambiance in an old home. Full bar. Try the dinner salad with the house dressing if you look Cesar salads. The garlic bread was delicious! The portions were large and we took 1/2 of our meals home for dinner the next night. My wife had the beef tortellini which was terrific while I had the homemade spaghetti which is not as thin as angel hair but thinner than standard spaghetti. I asked for it with their version of vodka sauce with sweet sausage. I got 2 large sausages which were more than you could ask for. The pasta tasted great but was a bit gummy. Considering it's their homemade pasta, I would not have expected that. That is the only reason I did not rate it a 5. Will try something else next time but this is definitely on our list to go back again. A very enjoyable experience!

1  Thank sakemall

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Great food, wonderful rustic atmosphere, excellent selection of beers on tap, great service and attitude of the people working there, friendly and communicative owner: takes you away from the problems of the world and creates a new and better world, at least for a time!

Reviewed 19 April 2017

We went here for dinner and the food was very good! We had some Steak Sandwiches and Salad. The Steak Sandwiches were very large and filled with meat! The salads were also very large and we had enough sandwich for lunch the next day!

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I really wanted to like this place. It's a cool old building and the interior (restaurant area) does have some charm. But, the restaurant left much to be desired. First, when you walk in the front door, you are smacked in the face with the smell of stale alcohol and it's not pleasant or appetizing. The second thing you notice it the drab and dreary dark atmosphere of the place. It would be nice to open up the windows and let some natural light in. I can't help but wonder what they are hiding with the dim lighting. Dust, cobwebs, stains? I certainly didn't notice the tack (or nail) poking up through my seat cushion until I caught it with my finger. Everything seems a bit warn out and in desperate need of updating. Also, as another reviewer mentioned, the rigid plastic table cloth is not representative of the kind of establishment that charges $13.00 for a plate of (non homemade) pasta and neither are the plastic water cups and the melamine plates. Very low class. When you pay $25.00 for crab cakes it would be nice to not have them served on plastic. I have eaten authentic homemade Italian pasta in little Italy NYC for the same price and there was free live entertainment, linen table cloths, glasses, stoneware, and the food was divine.

While our waitress was very pleasant and cheery, it took us 15 minutes to receive our first round of drinks. By the time the beer and wine finally arrived our appetizers and salads were also coming out. I ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo. My dish was so sad. Instead of a pleasing fork spinning pasta dressed with a rich and creamy Alfredo sauce, my pasta was dry and overcooked and lacking any visual signs that it was topped with sauce at all. Perhaps it sat under the heat lamp while the cook finished the remaining orders for our table? I was able to pick up my pasta, the whole lot of it, with my fork, all at once, like a big, dry, tangled ball. I immediately requested more Alfredo sauce and the waitress brought me a bowl full of milk with butter in it. No joke. There was no Parmesan cheese, no salt, pepper, nothing. It was swirling around like a bowl of milk that lost it's cereal. I tried to spoon some of that onto my pasta. But, as I tried to pick at what remained and make the best of it, I was only able to pull away 2 inch pieces of dry, overcooked pasta at a time. And for $13.00! So, you can try the dry Alfredo or perhaps the $48 lobster tail is more your speed if you like to pay even more for a disappointing meal. Better yet, go down the road to The Country Place where they don't pretend to be something they're not and you will pay fair prices for your mediocre food. *I gave this restaurant 2 stars because others at my table were mildly content with their dinner, but not with the prices.

1  Thank Happy_PA_traveler
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

We took our family here for my moms birthday. The food was great. Quaint atmosphere. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their dinner.

1  Thank Pam R