“Delicious ice cream just like the motto says, "Nix besser!"”

Nelson's Ice Cream Store
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Royersford
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Nelson's Ice Cream Store is currently open under the management of the Nelson Family. Patrick and Amanda Nelson are doing the daily operations of the store. We have updated the interior of the building and have been busy since Memorial day! Currently you can choose your favorite cone and then pick from over 30 flavors of 16% butter fat ice cream made at our factory across the street. We also make Banana splits, a variety of sundae's with baked goods made on the property by Amanda Nelson. If you want to take home your favorite flavor you can purchase many of the flavors in half gallons, pints, and novelties. The Nelson's have also installed an old fashioned original soda fountain and will make your favorite soda with one or more of the many flavors they offer on the flavor board. We are so proud and thank our faithful customers who voted for us in the 2013 PHL17 Hot Lists contest winning us 2nd place out of over 40 other shops ! Credit cards accepted
Reviewed 7 November 2017

We went to Nelson's ice cream after playing at Manderach Park (about 10 minutes away). We ordered three different flavors (chocolate bullwinkle, chocolate chip cookie dough and graham slam) and walked out with 3 half gallons of those flavors! One big scoop cost about $3.50 and was worth every penny! My kids enjoyed the cow bench inside the store and the little milk truck ride on. The ice cream shop was clean and spacious. They have an excellent variety of nearly 30 flavors. And luckily, Nelson's half gallons are sold throughout the area. You can find local retailers who sell the ice cream on the Nelson's website.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I was in the mood for ice cream and went to Nelson's in my home town. I grew up eating their ice cream and always liked it. They didn't have my favorite, Rocky road, but something close to it. They have a good selection of ice cream and seating both indoors and outdoors. Parking is on site. It is located on the northern end of main Street in Royersford.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Great ice cream sundaes & milkshakes! I bring my cheer squad here for a treat at the end of the season.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I just had the best root beer float I've ever had. Fresh creamy ice cream and root beer made at a soda fountain! Nelson's is awesome. I'm visiting from South Carolina, and I regret that I can't go to Nelson's every day. This is an easy 5 star review. If I could give Nelson's 6 stars, I would. Great!

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Nelson's ice cream is very good. It is hard ice cream, which tastes better. It is a little more expensive, but worth it.