“Best Ice Cream in the World!”

Nelson's Ice Cream Store
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Royersford
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Nelson's Ice Cream Store is currently open under the management of the Nelson Family. Patrick and Amanda Nelson are doing the daily operations of the store. We have updated the interior of the building and have been busy since Memorial day! Currently you can choose your favorite cone and then pick from over 30 flavors of 16% butter fat ice cream made at our factory across the street. We also make Banana splits, a variety of sundae's with baked goods made on the property by Amanda Nelson. If you want to take home your favorite flavor you can purchase many of the flavors in half gallons, pints, and novelties. The Nelson's have also installed an old fashioned original soda fountain and will make your favorite soda with one or more of the many flavors they offer on the flavor board. We are so proud and thank our faithful customers who voted for us in the 2013 PHL17 Hot Lists contest winning us 2nd place out of over 40 other shops ! Credit cards accepted
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Nelson's Ice Cream is some of the best ice cream I've ever tasted! If you're a chocolate-lover, I'd definitely recommend chocolate peanut butter, bullwinkle, and death by chocolate! Chocolate chip and cookies and cream are always fantastic, as well! This is one of my family's favorite places to come! The workers are always friendly and polite, too! I'd definitely go here any day!

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Been living in the area for 14 years and have said constantly we needed to try this place. Finally did on Labor Day. Reminded me of good shore ice cream. Amazing flavors, hand dipped and in really fresh cones. I had salted Carmel. Amazing. The cookies and cream was really good too. The line was crazy long, only 2ppl working. Took about 20 minutes to get through it or would haven been a 5.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Was our first time there & it was very good Ice Cream would go back again & the prices are not bad for what you get so go & see for yourself & see what you experience .

Reviewed 8 August 2016

After frequently driving by Nelson's and seeing the number of cars in their lot, I decided to stop and try their ice cream. We had the cherry vanilla, mint cookie, and black raspberry. The prices were reasonable compared to some of the other dairies we have tried in the local area although I still find them to be high. The ice cream was creamy and flavorful. It is a place that we will become a destination for an occasional treat.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Yum! Great ice cream! Lots of variety! Good service but a little light on staff. Some seating indoor and some outdoor. Clean. Not a bargain but I know it's not the 80s anymore!