“German Gem”

The Schnitzel House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Schnitzel House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 125 Restaurants in Pottstown
Price range: USD 4 - USD 25
Cuisines: American, German
Description: Family owned restaurant. We offer fresh, authentic, organic, gluten-free German Cuisine. We buy all our vegetables and eggs from the local farms. Our bratwursts are either home made or bought fresh from the farms in Lancaster. Please ask the server for gluten free options, as we have quite a few. Come in and enjoy our authentic offerings. B.Y.O.B. - and we never charge a corking fee.
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Don't let the exterior appearance fool you. Have driven by this restaurant for some time and finally decided to try it. Don't see many German restaurants. What a wonderful surprise. Delicious authentic German food. Tender schnitzel, homemade spaetzle. And, German Chocolate Cake so light - like eating chocolate air. Family atmosphere, reasonably priced. Well worth the visit.

There are newer reviews for The Schnitzel House

Reviewed 4 June 2017

New to the area and decided to give it a try with our granddaughters. We've lived in Germany for 8 years and miss the food. This definitely brought back some memories. Friendly greeting as we walked in the door. One of the girls tried the Spezi (Coke/Fanta) that her dad used to drink quite often. She had mixed reactions. She liked it once her Coke was gone. We ordered the sampler platter and it was very good. The schnitzel with the different dipping sauces was fantastic. You could tell everything was made fresh since you could hear them tenderizing the meat. One of the girls tried the mac and cheese which she didn't like since it used spaetzle instead of macaroni. No big deal since the other had a huge hamburger that she shared. Service was very friendly and attentive. Will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Went with my children and we enjoyed every course! All freshly made and prepared by a family from Germany. Outside appearance does not represent the quality and friendliness of this restaurant. I would recommend it.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

Oh my, my mothers cooking is still alive!! Everything is wonderful ,fresh made as you wait. Oh the schnitzels---just like in Bavaria!! My Mom's potato,salad--- Devine-- the Authentic Bratwurst, oh my--- spaetzles are not like mine from Bavaria so we get fried potatoes with onions, yummy! Family owned and they do all the cooking!! Our server Echo is so sweet and helpful---she's very devoted to the family and knows all about the food. Tues. thru Thurs. specials are a great choice. Eat here, buy their cakes and any specials. We go once a week.!!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

The food was fantastic. I had #8 on the breakfast menu. It's ham with eggs on top, German potatoes and onions (home fries), toast, and coffee. The seasoning on the potatoes was perfect. They didn't need any salt or pepper. The ham was flavorful and juicy. The toast (I chose wheat) was soft and with the butter and jelly it was probably the best wheat toast I've ever had. The coffee was pretty great too. I am by no means a coffee connessiuer, but I don't like really bitter coffee and their coffee doesn't require much creamer or sugar to take the edge off. The service was good. Echo (which is an awesome name, by the way) checked up on us the perfect amount. It wasn't super busy which is really surprising based on our experience there, but I heard that they recently changed buildings. Speaking of, the building itself is very fitting. The outside has the same sort of paneling appearance that German architecture is known for, which I thought was really neat and adds to the experience. The owner is also really nice.

My point is, you should go. Really.