New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Americas Best Value Inn Pottstown

Americas Best Value Inn Pottstown
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Pottstown
Richmond, Virginia
“Please never ever stay at this rat nest”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn Pottstown 29 High St. The comforter on the bed was not clean,the sheets had spots on them,and they never change the sheets we stayed for a week.The light over the sink went out and it took two days for them to put one in and we had to push the point.There wae trash beside the night stand that I had to ask for them clean up .And the FAT guy at front desk needs to find him a new JOB because all he want to do is eat the so call breakfast not a person to have welcome the guest.Who do the inspection on these places up in Pottstown not doing there job.The bathroom is not clean smell like urine tub not clean.I'm so sorry we book this dump.And they had roach traps set out where you could see them.We had problems after problems and mold and mildew kept me with a headache.Never ever again don't go there and don't go by the picture misleading.If I could get my money back and close it down I would!!!!!!!!!!!All of the reviews are true and what they have posted is true.Next year when our church is there I will not be staying at that DUMP.

Room Tip: Not quiet at all
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Eugeenie T
Nick P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Pottstown, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
we are very sorry you had disatisfy stay. I review all your comments and went through with our houskeeping personnal to educate them. we are remodling with new bedding, carpeting, vanity lights, furnitures and clean bathroom to assure our guest that they will have cmfort stay at this ABVI of pottstown. I acknowledge our pest control person about the trapes and he will be more careful and after checking peridically to remove them. I do tell our Housekeeping to change every other day sheets to weekly stay. I hope you will come and see the changes to be satisfy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Warren, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

This was the most disgusting flea bag hotel I have ever laid eyes on! The base around the room actually peeled right off leaving the glue exposed (which was covered in what looked like pubic hair!) The entire room smelled of urine, the room was not clean in any way. There was paint all over the bathroom floor, shower, etc. If not for the fact that every hotel in Pottstown was booked for a soccer tournament, we would have run screaming. They ran out of towels so we had to dry ourselves with wash cloths. I would not touch the continental breakfast for fear of poisoning... I'm not exaggerating....this place is a DUMP. Oh and to top it off, we saw a prostitute running from the cops right in front of our door! I WILL NEVER EVER STAY HERE AGAIN. If you do, check for bed bugs!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jasmine S
I would like to appolozied for the dissatisfy stay. I have taken all action to correct the comments. We are in process of remodling with new bedding, beds, carepeting, new art work, new pillows, vanity lights. also had maintanance, and houskeeping to clean and santized the bathroom area. Hope you will come back and stay to get comfortable stay with all updates in rooms.
Hammondsport, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

We made reservations through Wyndham in March 2012 for Days Inn in Pottstown. When we arrived we could not find the Days Inn so called the hotel only to find that the hotel was now an America's Best Value Inn. When we got into the room we found all types of problems. Stains that looked like mold and mildew, an electrical box plugged into an outlet by the bed, the bathroom fan looked like it has NEVER been cleaned, wallpaper hanging from the wall, etc, etc. When I contacted Wyndham they forwarded me to Days Inn which told me that I could not have made the reservation through them since the hotel was no longer a Days Inn even though I had printed out all the information. I received NO SATISFACTION or compensation from either Days Inn or Wyndham.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Nick P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Pottstown, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
we are very sorry on your dissatisfy stay at pottstown,abvi. we are remodling with new bedding, new beds, carpeting,vanity lights,new art works,and we educating our houskeeping how to clean and sanatizing bathroom areas and make sure they stocks all towels appropriately. we hope you come and visit us again in the future to check out our renovation.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

potential bedbugs!!!.....didnt have them before I stayed here but had them afterwards and this is the only place I stayed......you do the math!....i will never ever stay here again.

Room Tip: pay the extra $30.00 and stay down the street......
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SMC1956
we are very sorry for your not very comfortable stay. I wished you had come to the front desk we would help you with changing room or take care with any help you may needed in the room.we are remodling our rooms with new bedding, beds, vanity lights,furnitures, carpeting. also re painting after removing all old over painted on tiles,walls and floor.also educating our housekeeping staff on issues like you had. we are paying more attention to our guests to give them comfrotable, friendly stay. our continental breakfast is limited because it is a continental. it has two type of cereals, danishes, muffins,toasts, two type of juices, coffee reg. and decafe. fresh fruit. we hope you will come back to stay at abvi of pottstown. we assure you you will not be disappointed.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

We never stayed at an Americas Best Value Inn before so we didn't know what to expect. However, just the name of this hotel let us know not to expect luxury accommodations. We did expect to be provided at least the essentials which we received. This was not a "honeymoon" stay; we had business nearby to attend to so we really just needed a place to sleep for 3 nights. We asked for one of the rooms with a jacuzzi which we got. It was clean and worked properly but the water did not go out very fast. In fact there was water still in it when we left the next morning. The room was very dark as far as the decor is concerned, so that did not promote a very positive impression. I needed an iron and ironing board which the very friendly front desk clerk kindly provided and I was allowed to keep in the room the whole 3 days we were there. The continental breakfast I found to be adequate for my needs. Overall, I would say this hotel was "adequate" and served it's purpose for us.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Keith C
We thank you for your satisfy stay. when you visit us again you will find more comfortable stay because we are remodling with new bedding, beds, new art works, vanity lights, carpeting and some painting. please call us in advanced so we can make sure your stay will be very satisfy.
Thank you for taking part of your important time to comment regarding your stay at abvi of pottstown.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pottstown
0.5 km away
10.0 km away
Hampton Inn Limerick-Philadelphia Area
24.9 km away
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Reading

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Pottstown? Share your experiences!