“Beautiful home”
other travellers have booked this property
from covered porch Fire pit, and we supply the firewood.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
from covered porch
Fire pit, and we supply the firewood.
Upper living area and kitchen
Kitchen and dining
one of the bedrooms
lower family room
Pheasant Room (Full bed)
The HOPENSACK Room  (Queen bed)
The SQUIRE Room  (Full bed)
First level Family Room and wet bar
upper bathroom
First level bedroom
front yard
Very convenient to skiing, tubing, cross country ski and snowshoeing.
From the upper porch level
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Beautiful home”
Reviewed 4 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Spent a weekend with the family & friends (10 people) and our lab! Just a perfect home with all accommodations needed. Eggs in the fridge for a quick breakfast, to DVDs to watch, and more! The trail nearby was so peaceful for us, our lab was so happy to finally take a stroll without her leash. The kids (4 teenagers ages 15 thru 12, and 2 toddlers age 4) fell in love with the lower level and chess/checkers games! Very clean and beautiful home, will return for our summer vacation in August. Thank you John and Mildred for allowing our checkout time to be later in the day, it allowed the kids to sleep in as well not feeling Rushed to go! We plan to return for more of the beautiful nature life!

7 Apr 2016
We are please you had such a good time.
I believe all of our guests share your sentiment with regards to the quiet setting. Though the house is located close to all the Poconos has to enjoy, the quiet, wooded setting allows for relaxation after a day full of activities. The Thomas Darling Nature Preserve is certainly a bonus for those who wish to take a leisurely stroll.
We look forward to your return this summer.

Cheers,
John, Millie and Donna
Hockeybea...
Blakeslee, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful home with very hospitable owners.”
Reviewed 21 October 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Last July my wife and I with 9 kids spent a wonderful week in this clean and welcoming home. Planning to come every summer from now on.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Hockeybear,
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. As for the 9 kids, they were exceptionally well behaved and respectful children; you are all welcome back. I think the children had plenty of area to use up their youthful energy.

Best regards,
John and Millie
Denise W
“Sisters Getaway”
Reviewed 10 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I was very pleased with the rental when I arrived. It was located in the perfect place , next to Dunkin Donuts. It is far enough for relaxation purposes but in the meiddle of everything I needed. The home was beautifully kept and makes you feel like that you are home. I enjoyed every inch of the property and the peace. I would definately return soon. Based on the rental makes me consider moving to PA . John, Donna was great to talk to and made herself available if needed. I truly enjoyed my time spent there. Thanks you for everything .

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
24 Oct 2015
I'm pleased you and your Sisters enjoyed your time at the house. I'm sorry we couldn't be there to meet you, our daughter in Houston just had twins. You are most welcome to stay with us again; I hope to meet you all this time.

Best to you are your sisters,
john and millie
flipinny
New York
“Big beautiful house”
Reviewed 7 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

As a review of the house:
My friends and I came here to relax. And that we did. There were seven of us and I can honestly say that the house is too big for us lol. We pretty much only used the 2nd floor as it had the kitchen and the deck which had the grill. 4 beautiful bedrooms (3 out of 4 have AC but its really not necessary). 3 bedroom up stairs with a double bed in each room. The only room downstairs (where I slept) had 2 single beds and no ac. 2 full bathrooms. Kitchen fully equipped. Fire pit and grill ready to use. Everything was clean. It was quite and just relaxing. Just to make this review short, this house is amazing in a quiet location. Although I barely spoke to John, he seemed like a great guy. He welcomed us in, then left us be. For me, that's the best an owner can do.

As for tips:
Don't buy meat from Walmart lol. I never shop at walmart, but we needed groceries for the weekend and I thought our only choice was walmart so we shopped there before getting to the house (about 30 minutes away). BIG MISTAKE. I love to cook and was so disappointed at myself when I saw the butcher shop across the street from oregon trail. I did not go in but I am 10000% sure the meat there is better than walmart. There are a couple more shops around like the ice cream place, pizza place and a nifty thrift store. But that's it, so bring stuff to cook/eat.
For other attractions (per the booklets they had in the house) they are pretty far from the house. The ones that peaked my interest were at least 20 minutes away.

If you want a nice, quiet (but can still be loud (we had a karaoke machine and sang our hearts out)), relaxing vacation in a clean house that has everything, then you have to stay here.

P.S. I made s'mores here for the first time lol

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The deck
Liked least: Nothing in this vacation but if I wanted to go to some attractions, they are at least 20 min away so I would dislike that.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
7 Apr 2016
I am sorry I missed responding to your glowing review. Your comment about the Butcher shop is spot on; that shop is great and with an excellent selection of choice meats, sausages and some exotic items as well.
We're glad you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back in the future.

Cheers,
John, Millie and Donna
Clarissa2...
“Perfect for Families”
Reviewed 23 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I planned a trip for young children and a teenager. This rental was perfect to accommodate a mixed age family. We had two TV's and the kids had their own room. The house is close to Lake Harmony, hiking, ATV tours, waterparks, and rafting. After a day of fun we cooked dinner and ate as a family. The best part was making s'mores at the fire pit.

Travelling group: Extended Family
24 Oct 2015
You have a lovely family; we look forward to your return. I sounds as if you enjoyed some many of the activities the Poconos has to enjoy; we love it when our guests go out there and get involved. Then you can spend quiet time with your friends and family.

Best regards,
John and Millie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;