“Customer is not top of mind at this restaurant”

California Pizza Kitchen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Sat at the bar, took 10 minutes to get a menu. I ordered an arugula & quinoa salad with salmon. The arugula was fresh, pine nuts were few, Salmon pieces were extremely dry and overcooked. The salad was not very good, but the service is what has caused me to write a review. The young lady servicing the bar area even took a smoking break and left the bar unattended while customers were at the bar. The couple next to me had some valid complaints about the quality of their food and the pizza oven dude not wearing gloves while handling their food. The bartender made a number of excuses about the food not being burnt (it was the cedar blank causing the burnt color) and also that the gentleman without the gloves was not required by corporate to wear gloves even though he touched her fish without gloves. I am in the food service industry and always aim to provide 2nd mile service and treat everyone with respect. This young lady was clueless and could have cared less about creating an inviting experience for her customers. I would not go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

While we had difficulty getting our group of 40 kids booked, it more than made up for it once we arrived. They were efficient getting 40 kids fed, and accommodating a cake for a child's birthday. It was great. And we appreciate them making this happen for the kids.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I have been to this restaurant dozens of times. The service can be spotty, especially with new help, who are obviously not trained well. Such was case on Feb. 11, when our young waiter got 2 of the 3 orders wrong, entrees came before soup, dirty dishes not cleared, and long wait for the bill.

The good news is that customers can purchase AMC movie tickets at a reasonable discount.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We love California pizza kitchen! They have a lot of different options so you can get the exact the flavor combination that you are looking for. The only thing is each family member does not have to order their own pizza. I would recommend for a family of four to share 2 pizzas. First time I want everyone ordered their own everything and no body ate all of their pizza and our bill was pretty expensive. We’ve been here a few times and have learned our lesson LOL two pizzas and a regular size salad is more than enough to share you can even add a dessert. Great for birthdays and family gatherings.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Today we enjoyed a delicious lunch at CPK. Based on the recommendation from our server, we ordered the spicy buffalo cauliflower appetizer, and boy were we glad we did. The cauliflower is breaded and fried, but it is really hard to tell, given it tastes so light and could be broken apart with a fork. It definitely has a spicy taste, but it is absolutely delicious! If you aren’t a fan of spicy foods, I wouldn’t recommend you try this appetizer

I chose the soup and salad combo for lunch. The tomato Florentine soup is a creamy flavorful soup topped with crispy croutons. What I loved most about the soup was that it was piping hot, which really allowed you to taste the flavors in the soup. The Caesar salad, with crisp romaine lettuce, was fresh and topped with croutons.

My husband chose the salad and 1/2 sandwich combo for lunch. His salad was the Mediterranean salad, which had chick peas, olives, and feta on top a bed of romaine lettuce. For his sandwich, he chose the chicken meatball sandwich. He said that it was really good, but definitely could taste the difference between beef meatballs and chicken meatballs. He felt the taste of chicken resembled turkey, but he really enjoyed the meatballs nonetheless.

The portion sizes are perfect for lunch. Our waitress, Shea, was very friendly and attentive to our needs. I’d definitely recommend you try CPK for lunch!