Lowest prices for your stay
USD 183
Free cancellation until 02/07/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
USD 183
Free cancellation until 30/06/21
USD 156
Hyatt.comUSD 183
Hotels.comUSD 156
Orbitz.comUSD 156
All reviews small kitchen fire pit extended stay street noise parking fee full kitchen carnegie mellon room rate breakfast buffet home away from home central location great place to stay front desk staff definitely stay here again free shuttle shuttle service baum
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 April 2021

So, this was our 2nd time staying at the Hyatt house, but after this experience, we will definitely never stay at this one, and potentially not at any Hyatt house. We arrived at the hotel around 7:50 and were not able to get into our room until around 8:30 PM because it was 'being cleaned'. For context, check in is typically 2 or 3 in the afternoon. We were finally able to get into our room, but it was obvious the cleaning was only half done. At least one of the trash cans were not emptied, and then when we went to get into bed, it was obvious the sheets were not changed. There were several hairs (that were obvious not ours) all over the sheets, which is completely disgusting, particularly in the middle of a pandemic.
I tried to call down to the desk several times, but was not able to reach anyone via my cell phone or the hotel phone, so I finally went down to the desk.
When I got down there, the woman cleaning and the woman at the desk were not wearing masks and did not put them on the entire time I was down there, even though I was wearing one.
The front desk agent moved us, fortunately, and said something along the lines of 'you'll be compensated at check out'.
At check out, the woman who checked us out gave us some points that I guess go towards staying there again, but I seriously doubt they'll ever be used.
All over, a seriously disappointing and disgusting stay.

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
General Manager, Other at Hyatt House Pittsburgh / Bloomfield / Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2021

Dear RebeckaHinson,

I'm so sorry for your poor experience at our hotel. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best accommodations and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. It was our pleasure to offer you a good-faith measure. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

Reviewed 12 April 2021

Hotel was centrally located to where we needed to be. Very clean. Staff was very friendly and attentive. They had a special price available at the time that was very reasonable. We would definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: April 2021

Dear 860virginiav,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We love hearing that your stay was enjoyable. Our associates work to provide a pleasant stay in an effort to become your hotel of choice when in the area. We look forward to your return trip.

Reviewed 31 March 2021

This is our go to hotel when we're in Pittsburgh. Everything is always clean, well kept and in good working order. We never have to have somebody come clean or fix something, including our bill. This is how a hotel stay should be, free of nonsense.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Dan Fernandez, Other at Hyatt House Pittsburgh / Bloomfield / Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2021

Dear Drivingdad50,

We are delighted you took the time to share your kind review; we value your comments. It’s wonderful to know your stay was pleasant. I’m glad you enjoyed our efficient service and cleanliness. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 30 March 2021

We have stayed at several hotels in this part of town, and this is, by far, the nicest. The rooms are very attractive and well-maintained. I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a quality night's sleep. Our stay, however, was marred by barking dogs in the hotel. At this level, there should be a hotel policy stating that only service dogs are permitted.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Dan Fernandez, Other at Hyatt House Pittsburgh / Bloomfield / Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2021

Dear jlamade,

We are so appreciative of your kind review. It is rewarding to know that you enjoyed our modern room and location. Your remarks serve as an encouragement to our team who strive to provide a pleasant stay. I'm sorry you encountered barking dogs. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and please visit us upon your return to the area.

Reviewed 22 March 2021

YOu can certainly hear people in neighboring rooms. Pro tip: if you need white noice to sleep, turn the microwave fan on - worked like a charm. Otherwise I don't know that I would have slept well. Definite street noise even on 5th floor. Most concerning was a group of 3 business people, not eating or drinking, having a meeting with no masks on in the lobby.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Dan Fernandez, Other at Hyatt House Pittsburgh / Bloomfield / Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2021

Dear renatalynn70,

I’m sorry to hear that noise pollution interrupted the comfort of your stay. Your comfort is our highest priority and I regret that we left you less than completely satisfied. Your feedback is welcomed as it allows us to monitor and improve the guest experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your review.