“Great Thai Food and People”

My Thai Authentic Thai Cuisine
Ranked #454 of 2,391 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We’ve become regulars here over the last year or so. The food is very good and everyone who works there is friendly. We’ve even received travel advice for when we visit Thailand!

We love the Panang Curry and the Pad Thai. However we try to experiment with something new each visit.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I had the Pad Thai (2) on the spicy scale, it tasted more like a (6) on the spicy scale. The noodles were dry and for the price, the portion was small. I wasn’t very impressed with my order. There are much better places to get Thai in the area.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This weekend, my daughter and I made our 4th visit to My Thai, and it's definitely got us hooked! It's taken me a while to review, this fourth visit was just as good as our first.

We stopped in around 5 on a early fall Sunday, and the restaurant was empty. This was our first time meeting Ty, who seated us and was just all around very friendly. He was the lone server, and didn't miss a step when others started to come in for dinner.

We're adventurous, but also creatures of habit, so we ordered our at-the-moment favorites, Pad Thai (daughter), and Tom Yum Noodle Bowl with seafood (me). This time we chose Thai Spicy level 5, for our dishes, and did not need any additional hot sauce, or pepper. We did start with the fresh spring rolls, my ultimate Thai favorite appetizer. The rice wrapper was wonderfully chewy, the rolls stuffed with rice noodles, carrot slivers, some tofu, and lettuce. The peanut sauce was not overly salty, or too thick.

The Pad Thai looked really good, with tofu, and a mixture of vegetables. Daughter said it was great, and the spice level made it perfection.
My Tom Yum Noodle Soup, was flavorful, and had a nice mixture of seafood (octopus rings, mussels, shrimp and pieces of fish. The broth was a blend of fish sauce, lemongrass, and or beef broth, my sense of smell was working before my tastebuds. The chewy rice noodles, remind me of udon noodles, everything just blended together so well, and the spice level 5 was a nice, tingly heat. As a fan of the Tom Yum, I would love to see a bit more vegetables, just to make it a bit heartier.

We shared the Sweet Sticky Rice with Mango for dessert, our ultimate favorite Thai dessert. I'd be happy just eating bowls of sweet sticky rice with coconut milk every day.

Service, and great Thai food not far from home. Try it!

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Ordered lunch with several other coworkers and had the Chicken Pad Thai. It was pretty good...just enough spice and without being overpowering, and the portion was enough for lunch, but not too much that I was overly full for the rest of the afternoon. The other people in the group were happy with their Vegetable Pad Thai, Spring Rolls and Red Curry selections.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

We had an early dinner here on a Sunday evening. My friend ordered the entree garlic chicken and I had a curry with chicken. You can order the dishes as mild or various levels of spicy/hot depending on your taste. We both found the dishes we chose to be flavorful with fresh vegetables and tender white meat chicken. The server was very pleasant and she took the time to explain the flavors and different menu items as this was our first time eating Thai food. The restaurant was clean and warm (on a cold night) and extremely comfortable. They also have a bar. We will definitely be back!