“Great little B&B”
Review of The Inn on Negley

The Inn on Negley
Ranked #1 of 11 Pittsburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This is a beautifully restored old house very near Carnegie Mellon and Univ of Pittsburgh. The furnishings are beautiful, with oil paintings, mahogany furniture, and high ceilings. Breakfast is a gourmet treat, with more food than you could possibly eat in one setting. In the afternoon, they put out cookies and iced tea; not just any cookies, but scrumptous cookies, and the tea during our stay I believe was something like mango and spice - yummy. Our room had a working fireplace, a king 4 poster bed, and a nice sized bathroom. It's a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. It's a very nice B&B in a great location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 02Diver

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I am embarrassed to have let two months go by before writing a review of this wonderful B&B. My husband and I planned a two night getaway, but didn't want to go too far in the winter. This B&B exceeded our expectations. We added the afternoon tea for our first day, and it was wonderful. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Inn is in walking distance to many restaurants and shops in the Shadyside area, so there is much you can do without ever moving your car. We stayed on the third floor since some reviews had mentioned street noise, and we did not have a problem. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank libbie_12
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The room and inn were comfortable and elegant. Easy walking to shopping, restaurants, gym. A highlight was High Tea with family and friends, delicious sandwiches, pastries and pleasant, knowledgeable tea service. Attentive staff and exception breakfasts. Indoor and outdoor relaxing spaces.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I recently stayed at the Inn on Negley because I was in Pittsburgh for work. I can't say enough good things about my stay. I felt completely comfortable there: cared for - but not watched over, which is sometimes an issue at bed and breakfasts. The rooms were clean and cozy. And the bathrooms spacious. I also loved the tea that was available all day. And the area of town is also quite nice - although not within walking distance of the universities. And I loved that there was a full-service fitness center that one could use nearby (for a small fee).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Ambiance was cozy, comfortable and totally relaxing. Gas fire place and jacuzzi in Courtland room was perfect. I was taking my teen granddaughters for a one night get away. I slept on the roll away which was very comfortable for a roll away, but the bed was heavenly. The staff was warm, helpful and gave us an upgrade room for the corporate price, but after paying for the extras (roll away, $30 for extra people and hefty taxes) it ran $275 for one night. Ouch! The walls are paper thin so even though we were talking in low voices we received a call that we were making too much noise. The heavy traffic on Negley and the voices and TV noises from other rooms made this not the optimum stay for the price. Loved the looks of the rooms and staff (Victorian).

• Stayed: January 2012