“So much better than it looks!”
Review of Thee Olde Place

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thee Olde Place
Ranked #670 of 2,287 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 26 July 2016

We've been going to this restaurant every time we are in Pittsburgh for years. When you see the location and when you first walk in, you may think I steered you wrong. You walk right into the bar (maybe 4 feet in front of you) and skirt it to get to the tables to be seated. There are many rooms, so they can handle larger parties. Their food is a definite contrast to the location. The Inn has a wide variety of food, delicious crab cakes, huge prime rib, veal, chicken, seafood, pasta, and everything I've ever had there was tasty and seemed homemade. The servers are friendly and just the right amount of attentive. Dinners are generally in the low $20 range. If you are in the Baldwin, Whitehall, West Mifflin area of Pittsburgh, it's worth finding, for sure!

1  Thank SherryRR

Reviewed 4 July 2016

the 2 of us were looking for a real Sunday brunch...the kind with lots of breakfast stuff & more...what a find...Sunday brunch from 10 a.m til 2 p.m.---we did not get the hostess's name but she introduced us to our server Jill...what a great lady...made to order omlettes & waffles...a real smorgasbord of breakfast items...including bacon, sausage, potatoes,wonderful ham, fruit, juices, meat loaf, meat filled quiche, green beans & more including fish...plus pastries...all for $14.95 per...excellent service...great atmosphere...free parking...& the absolute best brunch for big eaters (me)...highly recommend this place

1  Thank richard s
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

We stopped on the way thru the area. We were pleasantly surprised by the food. The bar is a little dated but the staff was very welcoming.

Lunchtime was busy and the waitresses worked very hard to keep up.

I think it's a diamond in the rough. Lunch was delicious!

1  Thank Five05
Reviewed 2 January 2016

My son and his new wife held their rehearsal dinner here which I paid for. first of all the left over food they were not permitted to take home even though I had paid for it, then a few days after they were married this place calls my son and wife at home to tell them, THEY forgot to add in the cost of the rental on the room they used for the dinner and they were looking to collect on that cost. Their wedding was catered by another place and I spoke to them, aside from the cost of the rental hall not being included because someone from thee olde place made a mistake, my son and daughter in law were not permitted to take home the food left over. The other caterer told me this iws not good business and the wedding caterer told them, they paid for the food of course they should take it home. I spoke to other caterers and they told me the same thing, the couple is permitted to take home left over food since they did pay for it and they would never call anyone after the dinner to charge them for a mistake they made. With that being said I question the reputability of Thee Olde Place.

Reviewed 21 December 2015

Place was awesome with all the Christmas decorations, it goes great with the stary ceiling that includes shooting stars. Our party was consist of 10 people. I ordered the soup, tasty but luke warm and angel hair with meatballs, sauce was thick and it was average. The portions were huge. There was no complain from the rest of the party. Service was fine, waitress was very attenative and serve our food relatively efficient. Prices were okay not very costly. Will probaly come back.