“Expensive mediocre food and horrible service”
Review of Thee Olde Place

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thee Olde Place
Ranked #762 of 2,301 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

The only reason I rated this place poir instead of terrible is because I actually visited thee old place a few weeks ago with vo-workers for lunch and had a great experience.

With that being said I wanted to take my wife out since I enjoyed my last visit.

First the menu was completely different (maybe due to it being dinner instead of lunch) and the prices were pretty high. We don't mind paying a bit more in a local establishment especially when you get good food. This however was not the case.

The place was busy but not crowded. When we walked in the bus boy was cleaning a table for us, sat us, and brought us water and bread. After waiting awhile we finally met our waitress and ordered. My wife and I both got steak dinners with twice baked potato, salad, and soup. A few different people brought our food, the bartender refilled our drinks once and our waitress came back only after a long wsit for our check.

The steaks were overcooked to the point that my wife's was dry and chewy. She waited a bit for our waitress but she didnt come over and so we ate it anyway. There were 3 other tables around us complaining about the waitress and food. All the tables tipped the bus boy since he seemed to be the one doing all the work. After we paid the ladies next to use made a scene and the bartender (might be the manager) ran over and made it a point to say for everyone to hear that they are regular customers and will get their meal for free.

Well thr way we were treated we will not become regular customers in fact we will not be back at all.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

While the place was a little hard to find, and the curb appeal is a little lacking (it sits right next to a tanning salon), this was one of the better meals I have had in Pittsburgh.

You have to walk through a bar that I am sure was filled with locals blowing off steam after a day's work to get to the seating area, that was small compared to many other places.

The waitstaff was seasoned, with my waitress old enough to me my grandma. But they were attentive and timely.

The food though was excellent and portions were generous.

A local gem that is worth the small adventure to find it.

Reviewed 3 July 2015

This is a great choice for a quiet, tasty, reasonably priced meal. There's a bar in the front and the tables are behind. Hot bread free with the meal was excellent, as was the special drink of the day--a very refreshing sangria. Food specials were a great choice as well--salmon special included baked potato and salad and was perfectly done. This is a great place if you want a nice sit down dinner in a non-chain, casual restaurant.

Reviewed 19 February 2015

This little gem on Streets Run Road has a great menu and the food is beautifully served by friendly wait staff. It is not a beautiful place but the quality of food makes it a popular place to eat and drink.

Reviewed 7 November 2014

We frequent this restaurant often. Never disappointed with the cocktails (fantastic dirty martinis) and the food. If you live within 25 miles...it's worth the drive!