“This place is a gem”

Angkor Restaurant
Ranked #227 of 2,427 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Where do I start? Our family loves ethnic food, all types, but especially Thai and Indian. Angkor offers authentic Cambodian fare. For those who like Thai, Cambodian is similar, and Angkor, I dare say better. We started with a Na-Tainga. Imagine, if you will, a stack of non-sweet rice krispy treats served with a spiced pork sauce. That description doesn't do justice but I'd drive 100 miles out of my way to eat this again. All four entrees engendered much nom-nom-noming from my kids, wife and myself. I had the Panang curry, a sweet and spicy coconut-sauced melody of your chosen protein (I opted for the chicken), red and green peppers, peas, and garlic. Both my kids ordered the Kuteev Chha, a thick noodled red curry, and my wife ordered a lemon grass flavored dish. All were spiced to order and served with impeccably friendly service in more than ample proportions.

This BYOB is a gem; a random strip mall find, decorated with what appears to be actual Cambodian art and woodcarvings.

Definite a must visit!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We were looking for an option not in our recent repertoire as we headed south from the North Hills. A Cambodian restaurant - well, I haven't had that - ever. Located near a check cashing store, "Fitness Anytime", Burger King, AND the Brighton Hot Dog Shoppe (for future reference), Angkor rises to the top of this retail gene pool. We were immediately taken in by the pleasant, themed atmosphere. We enjoyed our meals - freshly made and nicely presented. Angkor is worth the detour off the beaten path.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Great food with a wide selection of Cambodian and Thai dishes. Service is great. A nice feature is that they allow one to choose the level of spice they would like for their dish so great for a group with varied tastes in spiciness.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Nicely decorated local Cambodian restaurant offering some Thai and Chinese dishes. Looks like family run. Locals call in their order and pick up.

Friday night dinner looks like there was one person looking after tables, front desk, cash. One more staff doing same thing would make service a lot better - at times when busy hard to get refill on water, etc. All staff friendly, will make good recommendations on what to eat.

Food is very good. For curry dishes, they will as you how spicy from 1-10 and above 5 it gets pretty spicy. Green curry chicken with steam rice at 3 was a little spicy. Creamy with taste of coconut - nicely done. Beef rib appetizer excellent, you will not be disappointed. Pad Thai was good, as well as the rice pasta (first time trying that dish). For dessert try the sampler - your choice of 4 from a menu of about 9 items. Mango with sweet sticky rice very good.

Will definitely recommend and visit again!

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Cambodian restaurants are a rarity in the Pittsburgh area unlike Chinese and Thai. Angkor ( as in the ancient temple complex, Angkor Wat) is a hidden gem in the Noblestown Plaza. Nice dining room with Cambodian art and excellent, authentic food. A member of our family spent time in Cambodia and confirmed the menu and preparation were genuine. The Lock Lack beef dish, one of Camidia's most popular, is outstanding. Other family members loved the Haw Mook steamed fish. We've had most all the Cambodian dishes during our many visits and consider them all top notch. Our only complaint has been occasional lackluster table service. Good restaurant help is hard to find. Overall, Angkor is one of top Southeast Asian favorite.