“Pleasant experience”

Ranked #191 of 2,290 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Had a family group of 8 and everyone had something good. The Noodle name is deceiving because there are other choices. The Ramen bowls could be customized with individual choices. There were Rice bowls and plates also. There are several vegetarian options. A variety of Boba drinks were available. Had the teriyaki wings as appetizer which were crispy and the sauce was just right. The server was helpful and pleasant.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Following a day at the Carnegie Museum of Art and History my friend recommended Lulu’s based on her experience from her college days. We both asked for water which was brought in the flimsiest plastic container. It was very difficult to grip the cup without the water coming out the top because the cup squished. No excuse for those cheap plastic cups.
How was shocked at the plastic and the menu that was nothing like it had been in the past.
I asked the friendly, giggling waitress if she recommended chicken, beef or shrimp to which she said chicken “the beef is ground”. I said, “really ground beef I am surprised in. Chinese restaurant.” I choose chicken.
Our food arrived in a timely manner, it was plentiful. My chicken pieces were large which required a knife. We asked for knifes, our waitress brings two barely hands two to Hol while turning to walk off.
The chicken was bland, the crisp noodles good once I spooned sauce from Hol’s meal on. The carrots were hard, tasteless and the mushrooms had a very strange taste. The broccoli was in extremely large pieces also requiring a knife,somewhat tasty.
Although the waitress was efficient, giggling she lost points with me when she brought the change back by only bringing bills, NO COINS. I planned on giving a tip in bills then keeping coin change. I was told this is standard procedure here as the staff can’t count change. That didn’t even happen in the Orient.
Disappointed First and Last Visit!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I ordered the pad Thai and my friend ordered pan fried. It was really good. Good vegetarian options and the staff was friendly to us.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We have gone to Lu Lu's for at least 15 years. We hadn't been there in about a year, maybe two, but things have changed a lot. The menu is half what it used to be. I had an old takeout menu and compared with the new one. There literally is no comparison. I knew things were different as soon as I ordered a pot of tea and got a paper-like cup, no refillable teapot and cups. The dishes we liked most are among the dishes no longer on the menu. My husband ordered the spicy basil, thinking it was maybe what he used to order, and couldn't eat it. He sent it back and they were nice enough to replace it. We always order a fried rice entree and take that home. That's still good. We asked if they had changed owners, but our server just said they had down-sized the menu. Honestly, I doubt we will be back.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

This was my favorite place for pho! Went in and didn't even recognize the menus any more.. so much is gone including the Pho! Disappointed:(