“Carribean Flair”
Review of Kaya

Kaya
Reserve with OpenTable
Kaya is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 2,471 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Strip District
Cross street: 20th Street
Reviewed 28 January 2019

Stopped into Kaya for lunch with my wife and some friends. The food and drink menu both have a Carribean theme, as does the atmosphere in the restaurant. It reminds me of Bahama Breeze, but the food was much better. I had a Jerk Chicken Torta with their house chips. The Jerk sauce was delicious and reminded me of Jamaica. It was spicy, but not overpowering. I enjoyed the house chips, but would try the sweet potato fries next time.

The service was good, food was delicious, and they have an extensive draft list. I would definitely recommend and will return.

Reviewed 8 January 2019

We stopped into Kaya for a brunch Bloody Mary and it was delicious! Probably one of the best mixes I've ever had (and I've had a lot). Very cool atmosphere and very friendly staff! We did not eat any food, but all of the dishes around us looked beautiful!

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 7 January 2019

for a native to Pittsburgh this is a nice change of pace from the normal fare, the food was good the restaurant's set up is cramped so orders take a while, but the food is very good, parking can be hard to find, this part of town is called the strip district it is where you find a lot of wholesalers so it is always crowed.

Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

Upscale Latin fusion place. Service was superb. Delicious drinks. Meals were great, including the vegan options.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

We came here with a party of four and started with the white sangria and the mussels and they were both perfect. For entrees we ordered the paella, flank steak and the steak stir fry. The paella was amazing however we were disappointed about the steaks and especially the flank steak. We weren't expecting a very tender meat but this was really chewy and we couldn't even finish it. Overall the service was good and I would recommend the place but I wouldn't get the flank steak.