“Fun Weekend Trip”
Review of Kaya

Kaya
Reserve with OpenTable
Kaya is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 2,469 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Strip District
Cross street: 20th Street
Reviewed 8 January 2019

We stopped into Kaya for a brunch Bloody Mary and it was delicious! Probably one of the best mixes I've ever had (and I've had a lot). Very cool atmosphere and very friendly staff! We did not eat any food, but all of the dishes around us looked beautiful!

Reviewed 7 January 2019

for a native to Pittsburgh this is a nice change of pace from the normal fare, the food was good the restaurant's set up is cramped so orders take a while, but the food is very good, parking can be hard to find, this part of town is called the strip district it is where you find a lot of wholesalers so it is always crowed.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

Upscale Latin fusion place. Service was superb. Delicious drinks. Meals were great, including the vegan options.

Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

We came here with a party of four and started with the white sangria and the mussels and they were both perfect. For entrees we ordered the paella, flank steak and the steak stir fry. The paella was amazing however we were disappointed about the steaks and especially the flank steak. We weren't expecting a very tender meat but this was really chewy and we couldn't even finish it. Overall the service was good and I would recommend the place but I wouldn't get the flank steak.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 3 January 2019

Really great meal with unusual flavors - cannot speak to the authenticity, but every dish we had was outstanding. I mainly picked the restaurant because it had a strong vegetarian selection for my daughter, but yet the carnivore dishes still sounded interesting for the parents. For carnivore appetizer we had the Jerked Pork & Plantain Nachos - dried plantains for chips, jerk chicken with little relation to a Tex-Mex nacho, and was outstanding. Vegetarian chose the Corn & Lentil Beignets and raved about them. For main meal I had the Caribbean paella, which was loaded with shellfish and although hard to describe, but extremely tasty. My wife opted for the vegetarian paella, and she couldn't stop raving about it. My daughter was not a fan of the Chile Rellenos, but only because was a little too spicy for her.

Place was very intimate and date-friendly with lots of smokey tones. Not cheap, but not too expensive for the class of restaurant.

All in all a great experience, with the exception of the difficulty parking in the Strip district.