“Good food for the money”
Review of Sesame Inn

Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mount Lebanon
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

I had heard from several people that this place was good, so while I was babysitting in the area I thought we should stop in. We went on a Sunday night at 7:30. It was maybe half full and surprised me it was like that for a Sunday night. I had 4 teen/preteen kids that all ordered Amazing chicken. The service was fast, the portions were huge and the chicken was golden and crispy. It has a honey sauce with a little bit of kick. I had the pad Thai and while it wasn't bad I've had much better, the flavors just weren't there. The atmosphere was nice. You walk in and go upstairs. There seemed to be a lot of take out orders that night. 5 dinners were $72. I wouldn't recommended drinking the water. It tasted straight out of the tap almost a little musty. The menu is large and offers Chinese and Thai.

1  Thank jonna g

Reviewed 29 August 2018

The interior is much nicer than the outside would suggest. We were seated right away but they filled up quickly. The menu has plenty of options as do most Asian restaurants. Prices are higher, but portions are big. It was tasty but nothing remarkable or much different. We enjoyed our meal, service was fast, and people were friendly, but Jade across the street does a better job for similar prices.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Ample portions of decent quality Chinese with an exhaustive menu. Space is right out of the 1990's. Service is very average. Busy especially with takeout and delivery.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

One of South Hills best Asian food for many years!!
Also have Thai and sushi dishes along with traditional Chinese fare.
You can always get Peking Duck w/o advance notice. With scallion and pancakes, very crispy skin. One of the best things on menu.
Pad Thai is also very good.
Full bar and efficient staff.
Just know that Mt Lebo location not suited for handicapped as you must go up stairs.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

This place has been around for years and for good reason. They have a great menu, do a good job on the food and people keep coming back. In the 30+ years that it has been open, I think I have only eaten in the restaurant a handful of times - they clearly do a brisk take out business.

Never had a bad meal there.